According to the Norton Cybercrime Report survey, where abut 7 thousand adults from 14 countries was interviewed, viruses are the most common cybercrime in New Zealand.61 percent of New Zealanders computers were picking up viruses, malware and other malicious software.
The survey also revealed, that about 70% of New Zealand adults were victims of online criminals. The crimes ranged from virus infection to identity or banking accounts theft. Internet security companies in New Zealand described these numbers as a "silent epidemic", and are warning their clients and all the citizens to be careful, when surfing the Internet.
- FBI Your Computer Has Been Locked scam
- System Care Antivirus
- Department of Justice MoneyPak Virus
- Win 7 Antivirus 2013
- SweetIM Toolbar (Search.sweetim.com Virus)
- Department of Justice scam
- FBI Cybercrime Division - Your PC is Blocked (MoneyPak Virus)
- Metropolitan Police ransomware (PCeU) virus
- Police Central E-Crime Unit Virus
- Internet Security "designed to protect" Scam - Fake Antivirus Program