Norsk Politi Institutt for Cybercrime Virus - how to remove this ransomware from your PC?
Norsk Politi Institutt for Cybercrime Scam is another security infection which originates from a family of ransomware called Reveton. This particular security threat is targeted at computer users from Norway. Reveton family of ransomware in infamous for it's capabilities to localize deceptive messages which lock computer user's desktop. This localisation is done by detecting computers IP address, having this information ransomware infection is able to present computer users with a fake message translated to their local language.
Furthermore Cyber criminals who are responsible for creating such scams are exploiting the names of authorities to make their messages appear more legitimate. This time the name of "Nors Politi Institutt for Cybercrime" is exploited. Other ransomware infections are using the names of FBI, Interpol, Bundespolizei etc. to trick PC users into believing that they have to pay a fine for some law infringements. When infected with Norsk Politi Institutt for Cybercrime Scam computer becomes totally inaccessible, the only thing that is visible for computer users is a deceptive message asking to pay a fine of 100 euro for supposed copyright and other laws violations. You shouldn't trust this message, it's a total scam - don't pay the fine that you are asked to, you will send your money to Cyber criminals and your PC will stay locked.
Norsk Politi Institutt for Cybercrime scam as other ransomware infections is distributed by Cyber criminals who are using drive-by downloads and Trojans to infect computers connected to the Internet. This infection is most commonly spread using Blackhole exploit kits and malicious websites. To protect your PC you should always use a legitimate antivirus and anti-spyware programs. If your desktop is already blocked by this ransomware use this removal guide to help unblock your computer.
Fake message shown in Norsk Politi Institutt for Cybercrime scam:
Datamaskinen din er midlertidg låst på grunn av uautorisert datavirksomliet.
Det er mulige brudd du har begått:
Art. 274 - Opphavsrettsbudd
Straffes med bot eller fengsel i inntil 4 ar
(Bruk eller distribusjon av filer beskyttet med opphavsrett -filmer, programvare)
Art. 183 - Pornograﬁsk produksjon
Straffes med bot eller fengsel i inntil 2 ar
(Bruk eller distribusjon av pornografiske filer)
Art. 184 - Pornograﬁsk produlçjon hvor barn deltar (under18 år)
Stralies med fengsel i inntil 15 ar
(Bruk eller distri usjon av pornografiske ﬁler]
Art. 104 - Popularisring av terrorisme
Straffes med fengsel i inntil 25 ar
(Du har besokt hjemmesider til terroristiske organisasjoner]
Art. 297 - Skjodeslos bruk av datamaskin som resulterte i alvorlige konsekvenser
Straffes med bot eller fengsel i inntil 2 ar
(Datamaskinen din er inﬁgsert med et virus, som i sin tur inlisere andre datamaskiner)
Norsk Politi Institutt for Cybercrime scam removal:
During your computer starting process press F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until Windows Advanced Options menu shows up, then select Safe mode with networking from the list and press ENTER.
Video showing how to start Windows 7 in "Safe Mode with Networking":
Log in to the account that is infected with Norsk Politi Institutt for Cybercrime scam. Start your Internet browser and download a legitimate anti-spyware program. Update the anti-spyware software and start a full system scan. Remove all the entries that it detects.
After completing these steps your computer should be clean, reboot your computer in normal mode.
Alternative Norsk Politi Institutt for Cybercrime scam removal guide:
If this ransomware blocks your screen when you start your computer in safe mode with networking, try starting your PC in safe mode with command prompt.
1. During your computer starting process press F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until Windows Advanced Options menu shows up, then select Safe mode with command prompt from the list and press ENTER.
2. In the opened command prompt type explorer and press Enter. This command will open explorer window, don't close it and continue to the next step.
3. In the command prompt type regedit and press Enter. This will open the registry editor window.
4. In the registry editor window you should navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\
5. In the right side of the window locate "Shell" and right click on it. Click on Modify. The default value data is Explorer.exe if you see something else written in this window remove it and type in Explorer.exe (you can write down whatever else was written in the value data section - this is a path of the rogue execution file) - use this information to navigate to the rogue executable and remove it.
6. Restart your computer, download and install a legitimate anti-spyware software and perform a full system scan to eliminate any left remnants of Norsk Politi Institutt for Cybercrime scam.
If you can't start your computer in safe mode with networking (or with command prompt) you should boot your computer using a rescue disk. Some variants of ransomware disables safe mode making it's removal more complicated. For this step you will need access to another computer. After removing Norsk Politi Institutt for Cybercrime scam from your PC restart your computer and scan it with a legitimate antispyware software to remove any possibly left remnants of this security infection.
Other tools known to remove Norsk Politi Institutt for Cybercrime scam: