Disk Antivirus Professional - how to remove?
Disk Antivirus Professional is a fake antivirus program which strives to sell it's useless licence key. This program is a fake security scanner which pretends to detect various security threats on user's PC and then tries to force them into paying for it's full version in order to remove them. It's a scam created by Cyber criminals who are making money from people who falls for the trickery shown by Disk Antivirus Professional. In reality none of security threats that are detected by this program exist on one's PC - this bogus software creates random files on user's computer and then identifies them as being Trojans, malware and viruses.
When Disk Antivirus Professional infiltrates user's computer it will make several changes to one's operating system - it will block execution of installed software and will override Internet browser (by displaying fake security warning messages). This rogue antivirus software originates from a family of fake antivirus programs called WinWebSec, previous variants of this scam were named System Progressive Protection, Live Security Platinum, Security Shield and many other. If you see this program scanning your computer for security threats you can be sure that you are dealing with a fake antivirus software which shouldn't be trusted.
Disk Antivirus Professional as other rogue security scanners from WinWebSec family are being distributed using Trojans, drive-by downloads, fake video codecs etc. One should protect your computer from such rogue security scanners by keeping your operating system and all of your installed software up-to-date, you should also use legitimate antivirus and anti-spyware programs. Notice that cyber criminals are using a malicious website called "Cougar Systems Support Center" to provide support for this fake antivirus software. If your PC is already infected with Disk Antivirus Professional you should realize that this program is a scam - paying for it's full version equals to sending your money to Cyber criminals. To eliminate this scam from your computer use this removal guide.
Fake security warning pop-ups generated by Disk Antivirus Professional:
Disk Antivirus Professional Warning Spyware.IEMonster activity detected. This is spyware that attempts to steal passwords from Internet Explorer, Mozilla FireFox, Outlook and other programs. Click here to remove it immediately with Disk Antivirus Professional.
Disk Antivirus Professional Firewall Alert Disk Antivirus Professional Firewall has blocked a program from accessing the Internet. Internet Explorer Internet Browser is infected with SVCHOST.Stealth.Key-logger. This worm is trying to send your credit card details using Internet Explorer.
Warning! The site you are trying to visit may harm your computer! Your security setting level puts your computer at risk!
Activate Disk Antivirus Professional and enable safe web surfing (recommended).
Ignore warnings and visit that site in the current state (not recommended).
Disk Antivirus Professional removal:
Disk Antivirus Professional shows fake security warning messages when users tries to access Internet using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla FireFox. To remove this rogue antivirus from your computer you will need to download recommended anti-spyware software. If your Internet browsers are blocked by "Warning! The site you are trying to visit may harm your computer! Your security setting level puts your computer at risk!" message please click on "Ignore warnings and visit that site in the current state (not recommended)" and continue with the download process.
If you can't run the remover, try to downloading alternate installer (It is renamed to iexplore.exe - most of fake antivirus programs doesn't block execution of files with this name)
Optional method to download the recommended anti-spyware program:
If you can't access your Internet browsers: Click Start then click Run. (Click Windows logo in Windows 7 and Windows Vista)
In Windows XP, When the Run dialog appears enter this text: www.pcrisk.com/download-spyware-remover and then press ENTER. In Windows 7 and Windows Vista you can type this line directly in search field and then press ENTER.
After pressing enter, the File download dialog of recommended anti-spyware software will appear. Click Run and follow the on-screen instructions.
If you still were unable to download the recommended anti-spyware software - Before downloading, enter a retrieved license key in registration window of Disk Antivirus Professional. Click "registration" button at the top of the main window of this fake antivirus software and enter this key:
Notice that entering the registration key will not remove the infection, but will make the removal process less complicated - Disk Antivirus Professional will stop generating fake security warning messages and will allow execution of installed software.
Disk Antivirus Professional removal using Safe Mode with Networking:
1. Load your computer in Safe Mode with Networking: Click Start, click Shut down, click Restart, click OK. During your computer starting process press F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until you see Windows Advanced Option menu, then select Safe mode with networking from the list.
2. Disk Antivirus Professional modifies system hosts file. It is used to resolve some canonical names of websites to ip addresses. When it is changed, the user may be redirected to malicious site still seeing good URL in address bar. It is very hard to find out if the site is genuine or not, when hosts file is modified. To fix this, please download Microsoft FixIt tool, that restores your hosts file to windows default. Run this tool when downloaded and follow the on-screen instructions. Download link below:
3. Download and install recommended anti-spyware software to completely remove the fake antivirus from your PC.
NOTE: Rogue antivirus programs can block the download of anti-spyware software, if you can't download it using the default location, try one of the alternative download locations below:
- Location 1 (The file is renamed to "iexplore.exe" because most of spyware doesn't block this file)
- Location 2
Disk Antivirus Professional removal using a retrieved licence (registration) key:
1. Wait until Disk Antivirus Professional rogue antivirus will finish it's fake security scan and click on the "Registration" button which is located at the top right corner of the main window.
2. In the opened window enter this retrieved registry key: AA39754E-715219CE This will trick Disk Antivirus Professional into believing that you have already payed for it's full version. This step makes the removal process of this rogue antivirus program less complicated, after entering this registry key Disk Antivirus Professional will allow execution of installed software (including Internet browsers) and you will be able to download anti-spyware software without various interruptions.
3. After entering this licence key Disk Antivirus Professional will generate a couple of messages thanking you for registration and will imitate the removal process of previously detected malware and virus infections. Notice that after you enter the correct registration key Disk Antivirus Professional will change it's user's interface color to while instead of red.
4. Notice that entering this registration key doesn't remove Disk Antivirus Professional from your computer - it makes the removal process less complicated. To completely remove this rogue antivirus from your computer download and install recommended anti-spyware software.
Other tools, known to remove Disk Antivirus Professional:
Optional methods which can be used to eliminate Disk Antivirus Professional:
Remove Disk Antivirus Professional using a new user account.
Disk Antivirus Professional removal using System Restore.
Disk Antivirus Professional removal using a Rescue Disk.
If you can't access Internet please follow these instructions.
If you were unable to remove Disk Antivirus Professional, you can use this manual removal guide . Use it at your own risk - if you don't have a strong computer knowledge you could harm your operating system. Use it only if you are an experienced computer user. (Instructions on how to end processes, remove registry entries...)
End these Disk Antivirus Professional processes:
Remove these Disk Antivirus Professional registry entries:
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\featurecontrol\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION "svchost.exe"
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "enablehttp1_1" = '1'
Delete these Disk Antivirus Professional files:
%StartMenu%\Programs\Disk Antivirus Professional.lnk
General tips on removing Disk Antivirus Professional:
*If you can't download anti-spyware software: Click on the download link, when the save dialog opens change the file name (example: when downloading mbam-setup.exe rename it to iexplore.exe).
*If you have installed anti-spyware program but you can't run it: Click Run, type %ProgramFiles% and press Enter. Open folder of your anti-spyware program, search for executable file and rename it. (example: Open Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware folder, right-click on the main executable file (mbam.exe) then click rename. Rename the mbam.exe file to iexplore.exe, winlogon.exe firefox.exe ...
*If you can't access your anti-spyware software, try creating a new user account:
Click Start -> Settings -> Control panel.
Click User Accounts and create a new account.
Reboot your computer and log in using a newly created user account.
*After this procedure you should be able to access your anti-spyware programs. Update and run a full system scan.
Some malicious software modifies browser settings and disables downloads of spyware and virus removing software. If you have problems downloading anti-spyware software with Internet Explorer, try downloading with Chrome, FireFox, Opera, etc.
If you can't access Internet:
Load your computer in safe mode. Click Start, click Shut down, click Restart, click OK. During your computer starting process press F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until you see Windows Advanced Option menu, then select Safe mode with networking from the list.
Start Task manager. Press ctrl+alt+del (or ctrl+shift+esc) and end task the processes of rogue program. ( if after this procedure you can't access any programs press ctrl+alt+del, click File, select New Task, and type explorer.exe then press OK.
Open Internet explorer, click Tools and select Internet Options. Select Connections, then click LAN settings, if a Use a proxy server for your LAN is checked, uncheck it and press OK.
After this procedure you should be able to access Internet. Now you can download anti-spyware software from our "Top spyware removers" section and run a full scan. Download, install and don't forget to update your selected anti-spyware program, then run a full system scan.
- FBI Your Computer Has Been Locked scam
- System Care Antivirus
- Department of Justice MoneyPak Virus
- Win 7 Antivirus 2013
- SweetIM Toolbar (Search.sweetim.com Virus)
- Department of Justice scam
- FBI Cybercrime Division - Your PC is Blocked (MoneyPak Virus)
- Metropolitan Police ransomware (PCeU) virus
- Police Central E-Crime Unit Virus
- Internet Security "designed to protect" Scam - Fake Antivirus Program