Disk Antivirus Professional
Written by Tomas Meskauskas on
Disk Antivirus Professional - how to remove?
What is Disk Antivirus Professional?
Disk Antivirus Professional is a fake antivirus program, the main purpose of which, is to sell a useless license key. This program is a fake security scanner that mimics the detection of various security threats on users' PCs. It then uses these bogus threats in an attempt to coerce users into paying for a 'full version' in order to remove them. This is a scam created by cyber criminals who make money from users who fall for the trickery shown by Disk Antivirus Professional. In fact, none of security threats detected by this program exist on users' PCs. This bogus software creates random files on their systems, and then 'identifies' them as being Trojans, malware, or viruses.
When Disk Antivirus Professional infiltrates users' computers, it makes several changes to the operating system - blocking execution of installed software and overriding Internet browsers (by displaying fake security warning messages). This rogue antivirus software originates from a family of fake antivirus programs called WinWebSec. Previous variants of this scam were called (amongst others), System Progressive Protection, Live Security Platinum, Security Shield, and System Care Antivirus. If you observe this program scanning your computer for security threats, you are dealing with fake antivirus software which should not be trusted.
LIke other rogue security scanners from the WinWebSec family, Disk Antivirus Professional is distributed using Trojans, drive-by downloads, fake video codecs, etc. Protect your computer from these rogue security scanners by keeping your operating system and installed software up-to-date. Also use legitimate antivirus and anti-spyware programs. Note that cyber criminals use a malicious website called "Cougar Systems Support Center" to provide support for this fake antivirus software. If your PC is already infected with Disk Antivirus Professional, be aware that this program is a scam and paying for the 'full version' is equivalent to sending your money to cyber criminals. To eliminate this scam from your computer, use this removal guide.
A fake security warning pop-up generated by Disk Antivirus Professional:
Disk Antivirus Professional Warning Spyware.IEMonster activity detected. This is spyware that attempts to steal passwords from Internet Explorer, Mozilla FireFox, Outlook and other programs. Click here to remove it immediately with Disk Antivirus Professional.
Disk Antivirus Professional Firewall Alert Disk Antivirus Professional Firewall has blocked a program from accessing the Internet. Internet Explorer Internet Browser is infected with SVCHOST.Stealth.Key-logger. This worm is trying to send your credit card details using Internet Explorer.
Warning! The site you are trying to visit may harm your computer! Your security setting level puts your computer at risk!
Activate Disk Antivirus Professional and enable safe web surfing (recommended).
Ignore warnings and visit that site in the current state (not recommended).
- What is Disk Antivirus Professional?
- STEP 1. Remove Disk Antivirus Professional using a software.
- STEP 2. Remove Disk Antivirus Professional using Safe Mode with Networking.
- STEP 3. Remove Disk Antivirus Professional using a registration key.
Disk Antivirus Professional removal:
Disk Antivirus Professional displays fake security warning messages when users attempt to access the Internet using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla FireFox. To remove this rogue antivirus from your computer, download recommended malware removal software. If your Internet browsers are blocked by a "Warning! The site you are trying to visit may harm your computer! Your security setting level puts your computer at risk!" message, please click on "Ignore warnings and visit that site in the current state (not recommended)" and continue with the download process.
If you cannot run the remover, try to downloading an alternate installer (renamed to iexplore.exe, since most fake antivirus programs do not block execution of files with this name)
An optional method to download the recommended anti-spyware program:
If you cannot access your Internet browsers: Click Start then click Run. (Click Windows logo in Windows 7 and Windows Vista)
In Windows XP, When the Run dialog appears, enter this text: www.pcrisk.com/download-spyware-remover and then press ENTER. In Windows 7 and Windows Vista, type this line directly into search field and then press ENTER.
After pressing ENTER, the File download dialogue of the recommended malware removal software will appear. Click Run and follow the on-screen instructions.
If you are still unable to download the recommended malware removal software, before downloading, enter a retrieved license key in the registration window of Disk Antivirus Professional. Click the "registration" button at the top of the main window of this fake antivirus software and enter this key:
Note that entering the registration key will not remove the infection, but will make the removal process less complicated. Disk Antivirus Professional will cease generating fake security warning messages and allow execution of installed software.
Disk Antivirus Professional removal using Safe Mode with Networking:
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode. Click Start, click Shut Down, click Restart, click OK. During your computer starting process press the F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until you see the Windows Advanced Option menu, then select Safe Mode with Networking from the list.
Video showing how to start Windows 7 in "Safe Mode with Networking":
2. Disk Antivirus Professional modifies the system Hosts file. The Hosts file is used to resolve canonical names of websites to IP addresses. When it is changed, the user may be redirected to malicious sites, despite seeing legitimate URLs in address bar. It is difficult to determine sites are genuine when the Hosts file is modified. To fix this, please download the Microsoft Fix It tool, that restores your Hosts file to the Windows default. Run this tool when downloaded and follow the on-screen instructions. Download link below:
3. Download and install recommended malware removal software to completely remove the fake antivirus program from your PC.
NOTE: Rogue antivirus programs can block the download of anti-spyware software. If you cannot download it using the default location, try one of the alternative download locations below:
- Location 1 (the file is renamed to "iexplore.exe", since most spyware does not block this file)
- Location 2
Disk Antivirus Professional removal using a retrieved licence (registration) key:
1. Wait until Disk Antivirus Professional rogue antivirus completes its fake security scan and click on the "Registration" button located at the top right corner of the main window.
2. In the opened window, enter this retrieved registry key: AA39754E-715219CE This tricks Disk Antivirus Professional into behaving as though you have already paid for the full version. This step makes the removal process of this rogue antivirus program less complicated, and after entering this registry key, Disk Antivirus Professional allows execution of installed software (including Internet browsers). You will then be able to download anti-spyware software without regular interruptions.
3. After entering this licence key, Disk Antivirus Professional generates a number of messages thanking you for registration and imitates the removal process of previously 'detected' malware and virus infections. Note that after you enter the correct registration key, Disk Antivirus Professional replaces its user interface color from red to white.
4. Note that entering this registration key does not remove Disk Antivirus Professional from your computer - it simply makes the removal process less complicated. To completely remove this rogue antivirus from your computer, download and install recommended anti-spyware software.
Other tools, known to remove Disk Antivirus Professional:
Optional methods, which can be used to eliminate Disk Antivirus Professional:
Remove Disk Antivirus Professional using a new user account.
Disk Antivirus Professional removal using System Restore.
Disk Antivirus Professional removal using a Rescue Disk.
If you cannot access Internet please follow these instructions.
The fake antivirus programs (also known as "rogue antivirus programs" or "scareware") are applications that tries to lure computer users into paying for their non-existent full versions to remove the supposedly detected security infections (although the computer is actually clean). These bogus programs are created by cyber criminals who design them to look as legitimate antivirus software. Most commonly rogue antivirus programs infiltrate user's computer using poop-up windows or alerts which appear when users surf the Internet. These deceptive messages trick users into downloading a rogue antivirus program on their computers. Other known tactics used to spread scareware include exploit kits, infected email messages, online ad networks, drive-by downloads, or even direct calls to user's offering free support.
A computer that is infected with a fake antivirus program might also have other malware installed on it as rogue antivirus programs often are bundled with Trojans and exploit kits. Noteworthy that additional malware that infiltrates user's operating system remains on victim's computer regardless of whether a payment for a non-existent full version of a fake antivirus program is made. Here are some examples of fake security warning messages that are used in fake antivirus distribution:
Computer users who are dealing with a rogue security software shouldn't buy it's full version. By paying for a license key of a fake antivirus program users would send their money and banking information to cyber criminals. Users who have already entered their credit card number (or other sensitive information) when asked by such bogus software should inform their credit card company that they have been tricked into buying a rogue security software. Screenshot of a web page used to lure computer users into paying for a non-existent full version of disk antivirus professional and other rogue antivirus programs:
To protect your computer from disk antivirus professional and other rogue antivirus programs users should:
- Keep their operating system and all of the installed programs up-to-date.
- Use legitimate antivirus and anti-spyware programs.
- Use caution when clicking on links in social networking websites and email messages.
- Don't trust online pop-up messages which state that your computer is infected and offers you to download security software.
Symptoms indicating that your operating system is infected with a fake antivirus program:
- Intrusive security warning pop-up messages.
- Alerts asking to upgrade to a paid version of a program to remove the supposedly detected malware.
- Slow computer performance.
- Disabled Windows updates.
- Blocked Task Manager.
- Blocked Internet browsers or inability to visit legitimate antivirus vendor websites.
If you are experiencing problems while trying to remove disk antivirus professional from your computer, please ask for assistance in our malware removal forum.
If you have additional information on disk antivirus professional or it's removal please share your knowledge in the comments section below.