ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΗ ΔΗΜΟΚΡΑΤΙΑ Virus "Ο ΥΠΟΛΟΓΙΣΤΗΣ ΣΑΣ ΕΧΕΙ ΜΠΛΟΚΑΡΙΣΤΕΙ" - how to remove?
Message which supposedly comes from Greek Cyber Crime Unit and blocks computer's screen asking to pay (using Ukash of PaySafeCard) a fine of 100 Euro is a scam. This message wasn't send by Greek authorities - it's a deceptive message which was developed by Cyber criminals to scare unsuspecting PC users into paying non existent fine. Notice that paying this fine equals to sending one's money to Cyber criminals. None of the authorities around the world (including Greek Cyber Crime Unit) are using such screen blocking messages to collect fines for any law infringements. Such messages as this one are called ransomware - Cyber criminals who are responsible for creating such scam are targeting many different countries around the world - ransomware infections are designed in such way that they are able to determine the IP address of the computer that they infiltrate.
Greece is targeted by several ransomware families - reveton and urausy, both of them have the deceptive message translated to Greek language and exploits the graphics of local authorities. Notice that PC users from different countries would see this message as if it was send by local authority or organization - for example computer users from USA would see this message as if it was send by FBI Cybercrime Division or U.S. Department of Homeland Security. PC users should understand that such messages which blocks one's screen doesn't have anything to do with real authorities - it's a scam which shouldn't be trusted.
Greek Republic "Your computer has been blocked" ransomware is being spread using Trojans and drive-by downloads. Most commonly infections with such rogue screen lockers is a consequence of poor PC security. To protect your computer one should always use legitimate antivirus and anti-spyware, furthermore you should keep your operating system and all of the installed software up-to-date. If your computer is already infected with Greek Republic (Cyber Crime Unit) "Your computer has been blocked" ransomware you shouldn't pay any fines - use the provided removal guide and eliminate this scam from your PC.
"Ο ΥΠΟΛΟΓΙΣΤΗΣ ΣΑΣ ΕΧΕΙ ΜΠΛΟΚΑΡΙΣΤΕΙ" virus removal:
During your computer starting process press F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until Windows Advanced Options menu shows up, then select Safe mode with networking from the list and press ENTER.
Video showing how to start Windows 8 in "Safe Mode with Networking":
Video showing how to start Windows 7 in "Safe Mode with Networking":
Log in to the account that is infected with "Ο ΥΠΟΛΟΓΙΣΤΗΣ ΣΑΣ ΕΧΕΙ ΜΠΛΟΚΑΡΙΣΤΕΙ" virus. Start your Internet browser and download a legitimate anti-spyware program. Update the anti-spyware software and start a full system scan. Remove all the entries that it detects.
If you can't start your computer in safe mode with networking, try doing a system restore.
Video showing how to remove ransomware virus using "Safe Mode with Command Prompt" and "System Restore":
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with Command Prompt - During your computer starting process press F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until Windows Advanced Options menu shows up, then select Safe mode with command prompt from the list and press ENTER.
2. When command prompt mode loads enter the following line: cd restore and press ENTER.
3. Next type this line: rstrui.exe and press ENTER.
4. In the opened window click "Next".
5. Select one of the available restore point and click "Next" (this will restore your computer's system to an earlier time and date, before the ransomware infiltrated your PC).
6. In the opened window click "Yes".
7. After restoring your computer to a previous date download and scan your PC with a recommended anti-spyware software to eliminate any left remnants of "Ο ΥΠΟΛΟΓΙΣΤΗΣ ΣΑΣ ΕΧΕΙ ΜΠΛΟΚΑΡΙΣΤΕΙ" scam.
Other tools known to remove "Ο ΥΠΟΛΟΓΙΣΤΗΣ ΣΑΣ ΕΧΕΙ ΜΠΛΟΚΑΡΙΣΤΕΙ" virus: