BundesPolizei virus removal guide
BundesPolizei is a screen locker created by Cyber criminals with an intention of stealing money from unsuspecting computer users. This scam is spread through Trojans and misleading websites. When installed on your computer BundesPolizei scam will lock your desktop. This ransomware is targeted at German speaking computer users. The message in this screen locker states that you have been watching porn and you have done some illegal activities while browsing the Internet. You are asked to pay 100 Euro fine to unlock your computer.
You shouldn't trust this message - its a scam. Internet criminals created this screen locker to steal money from your credit card account. If you have already payed the for unlocking your computer you should contact your credit card company and dispute the charges. To make the message more realistic it will display your ISP, IP address, and a name of a browser you were using. You should ignore this message and remove this ransomware from your PC. Use the provided removal guide to completely remove BundesPolizei fake message from your computer.
BundesPolizei virus removal:
During your computer starting process press F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until Windows Advanced Options menu shows up, then select Safe mode with networking from the list and press ENTER.
Here's a video showing how to start Windows in "Safe Mode with Networking":
Windows XP users:
Windows Vista / 7 users:
Windows 8 users:
Log in to the account that is infected with BundesPolizei virus. Start your Internet browser and download recommended anti-spyware program. Update the anti-spyware software and start a full system scan. Remove all the entries that it detects.
BundesPolizei virus removal using System Restore:
This removal method can be used if you can't boot your computer in safe mode with networking (BundesPolizei ransomware blocks this mode).
Video showing how to remove ransomware virus using "Safe Mode with Command Prompt" and "System Restore":
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with Command Prompt - During your computer starting process press F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until Windows Advanced Options menu shows up, then select Safe mode with command prompt from the list and press ENTER.
2. When command prompt mode loads enter the following line: cd restore and press ENTER.
3. Next type this line: rstrui.exe and press ENTER.
4. In the opened window click "Next".
5. Select one of the available restore point and click "Next" (this will restore your computer's system to an earlier time and date, before the ransomware infiltrated your PC).
6. In the opened window click "Yes".
7. After restoring your computer to a previous date download and scan your PC with a recommended anti-spyware software to eliminate any left remnants of BundesPolizei virus.