Written by Tomas Meskauskas
Damage level: Severe
BundesPolizei virus removal guide
BundesPolizei is a screen locker created by Cyber criminals with the intention of stealing money from unsuspecting computer users. This scam is proliferated through Trojans and misleading websites. When installed on your computer, BundesPolizei scam will lock your desktop. This ransomware is targeted at German-speaking computer users. The message reported by the screen locker states that you have been watching porn and performed some illegal activities whilst browsing the Internet. You are asked to pay a 100 Euro fine to unlock your computer.
You should not trust this message - it is a scam. Internet criminals created this screen locker to steal money from your credit card account. If you have already paid the to unlock your computer, you should contact your credit card company and dispute the charges. To make the message appear authentic, the bogus software displays your ISP, IP address, and a name of a browser you were using. Ignore the message and remove this ransomware from your PC. Use the removal guide provided to completely remove BundesPolizei fake message from your computer.
BundesPolizei virus removal:
Start your computer in Safe Mode. Click Start, click Shut Down, click Restart, click OK. During your computer starting process press the F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until you see the Windows Advanced Option menu, then select Safe Mode with Networking from the list.
Here is a video demonstrating how to start Windows in "Safe Mode with Networking":
Windows XP users:
Windows Vista / 7 users:
Windows 8 users:
Log in to the account that is infected with BundesPolizei virus. Start your Internet browser and download recommended anti-spyware program. Update the anti-spyware software and start a full system scan. Remove all the entries that it detects.
BundesPolizei virus removal using System Restore:
This removal method can be used if you cannot boot your computer in Safe Mode with Networking (BundesPolizei ransomware blocks this mode).
Video showing how to remove ransomware virus using 'Safe Mode with Command Prompt' and 'System Restore':
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with Command Prompt. During the computer starting process, press the F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until the Windows Advanced Options menu shows up, then select Safe mode with command prompt from the list and press ENTER.
2. When the command prompt mode loads, enter the following line: cd restore and press ENTER.
3. Next, type this line: rstrui.exe and press ENTER.
4. In the opened window, click "Next".
5. Select one of the available restore points and click "Next" (this will restore your computer's system to an earlier time and date, before the ransomware infiltrated your PC).
6. In the opened window, click "Yes".
7. After restoring your computer to a previous date, download and scan your PC with recommended malware removal software to eliminate any remnants of the BundesPolizei virus.