What is Windows Ultra Antivirus and how to eliminate it from your computer?
Windows Ultra Antivirus is a fake antivirus program which uses trickery in order to sell unsuspecting PC users it's useless license key. This program is an imitation of a legitimate computer security scanner - all of the processes that are shown by Windows Ultra Antivirus are generated (fake). This malicious software pretends to detect the same security infections on every computer that it infiltrates. Cyber criminals created this rogue program hoping that you will believe the generated security warning messages and you will purchase a full version of this software in order to eliminate supposedly detected security issues. This bogus software is distributed using security vulnerabilities found in users PC - Cyber criminals are setting up misleading websites which exploits such vulnerabilities and installs Windows Ultra Antivirus without one's consent. Most commonly this rogue antivirus pretends to be a critical Windows update. The landing page that is used by Cyber criminals to install this scam on user's PC looks like a Windows update website which asks to install "Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (Critical Update) - February 2011 (KB990831). To avoid such rogue programs like Windows Ultra antivirus from entering your computer you should download your operating system's and other programs updates only from reputable sources.
Most commonly fake antivirus programs are grouped into rogue families, but this software doesn't seem to hail from any of previously known families. To make Windows Ultra Antivirus rogue more complicated to eliminate Cyber criminals has bundled this scam with a rootkit which protects registry entries and processes of this fake security scanner. To successfully remove Windows Ultra Antivirus from your computer you will have to get rid of the mentioned rootkit infection. When installed on your PC this bogus software will use various deceptive messages to try to force you into buying it's license key, this fake software will state that "Your computer is not protected", and will constantly interrupt you with similar pop-ups: "Security Warning! Your computer is not checked for viruses! System scan is recommended. Press "scan" to check". You shouldn't believe such messages, it's a scam.
Windows Ultra Antivirus is a scam, don't believe any messages and other processes shown by this malicious software. You shouldn't pay for this software, you will send your money to cyber criminals and your computer will still be infected. Note that all of the statements that your computer doesn't have "Antivirus and Antispyware protection", "Proactive Threat Protection" and "Network Treat Protection" together with fake security infection detection list are created to scare you into thinking that your PC is at risk. In reality none of the security threats that are indicated by Windows Ultra Antivirus exists on your computer. Ignore this malicious software and use the provided removal guide to eliminate it from your PC.
Fake warning message generated by Windows Ultra Antivirus:
"Security Warning! Your computer is not checked for viruses! System scan is recommended. Press "scan" to check"
Fake Windows Update website used to spread Windows Ultra Antivirus:
Windows Ultra Antivirus removal:
1. Download and install Kaspersky Lab's TDSSKiller. Windows Ultra Antivirus comes bundled with a rootkit infection so we need to eliminate it first. If you skip this step this fake antivirus program will be able to repair it's removed registy or system files.
2. Run TDSSKiller and remove all the infections that it will detect. At the end of the scan you should change the attribute of indicated "Locked Service" from "Skip" to "Delete" and click "Continue".
3. After this procedure you should restart your computer in safe mode to complete the removal of Windows Ultra Antivirus.
4. Load your computer in safe mode with networking. Click Start, click Shut down, click Restart, click OK. During your computer starting process press F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until you see Windows Advanced Option menu, then select Safe mode with networking from the list.
Video showing how to start Windows 7 in "Safe Mode with Networking":
5. Download and install recommended antispyware software to completely remove this infection.
Other tools known to remove Windows Ultra Antivirus: