How to remove AVASoft Antivirus Professional?
AVASoft Antivirus Professional is a rogue antivirus program which imitates a real antivirus software and tries to trick unsuspecting PC users into purchasing it's useless licence key. This bogus program pretends to scan user's computer for security threats and then generates a long list of supposedly detected malware and viruses. Such deceptive behavior is implemented by Cyber criminals to force PC users into buying this scam. Notice that none of malware and viruses that are indicated by AVASoft Antivirus Professional actually exists - this program doesn't have a virus definition database nor any other features which would allow this program to scan one's computer for security infections.
This malicious program generates the same security warning messages and detects the same security threats on every computer that it infiltrates. AVASoft Antivirus Professional originates from a family of fake antivirus programs called WinWebSec, previous it's variant was named Disk Antivirus Professional. As it's previous versions this rogue antivirus program blocks execution of installed programs, hijacks Internet browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla FireFox) and disables Task Manager. PC users should understand that by paying for this fake antivirus program one would actually send your money (and banking information) to Cyber criminals - if your see this program scanning your computer for security infections you can be sure that your operating system is infected with a fake antivirus software.
AVASoft Antivirus Professional like other malicious programs from WinWebSec family are being distributed using drive-by downloads, Trojans and fake online security warning pop-ups. The main goal of this deceptive program is to scare computer users into thinking that their computers are infected with high risk malware and then forcing them into buying a totally useless licence key for this program which would supposedly fix all of security related issues. In reality this software is a total scam - PC users shouldn't trust any information shown by it. If your computer is already infected with AVASoft Antivirus Professional you shouldn't buy it - use the provided removal guide and eliminate this scam from your PC.
Fake security warning pop-ups generated by AVASoft Antivirus Professional:
AVASoft Professional Antivirus Warning - Intercepting programs that may compromise your privacy and harm your system have been detected on your PC. Click here to remove them immediately with AVASoft Professional Antivirus.
Security monitor: WARNING! - Attention! System detected a potential hazard (TrojanSPM/LX) on your computer that may infect executable files. Your private information and PC safety is at risk. To get rid of unwanted spyware and keep your computer safe you need to update your current security software. Click Yes to download official intrusion direction system (IDS software).
WARNING! - Application cannot be executed. The file cmd.exe is infected. Please activate your antivirus software.
AVASoft Professional Antivirus warning - Some critical files of your computer were modified by malicious program. It may cause system instability and data loss. Click here to block unauthorised modification by removing threats (Recommended)
Detected spyware infection! Click this message to install the last update of security software...
AVASoft Antivirus Professional removal:
AVASoft Antivirus Professional shows fake security warning messages when users tries to access Internet using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla FireFox. To remove this rogue antivirus from your computer you will need to download recommended anti-spyware software. If your Internet browsers are blocked by "Warning! The site you are trying to visit may harm your computer! Your security setting level puts your computer at risk!" message please click on "Ignore warnings and visit that site in the current state (not recommended)" and continue with the download process.
If you can't run the remover, try to downloading alternate installer (It is renamed to iexplore.exe - most of fake antivirus programs doesn't block execution of files with this name)
Optional method to download the recommended anti-spyware program:
If you can't access your Internet browsers: Click Start then click Run. (Click Windows logo in Windows 7 and Windows Vista)
In Windows XP, When the Run dialog appears enter this text: www.pcrisk.com/download-spyware-remover and then press ENTER. In Windows 7 and Windows Vista you can type this line directly in search field and then press ENTER.
After pressing enter, the File download dialog of recommended anti-spyware software will appear. Click Run and follow the on-screen instructions.
If you still were unable to download the recommended anti-spyware software - Before downloading, enter a retrieved license key in registration window of AVASoft Antivirus Professional. Click "registration" button at the top of the main window of this fake antivirus software and enter this key:
Notice that entering the registration key will not remove the infection, but will make the removal process less complicated - AVASoft Antivirus Professional will stop generating fake security warning messages and will allow execution of installed software.
AVASoft Antivirus Professional removal using Safe Mode with Networking:
1. Load your computer in Safe Mode with Networking: Click Start, click Shut down, click Restart, click OK. During your computer starting process press F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until you see Windows Advanced Option menu, then select Safe mode with networking from the list.
2. AVASoft Antivirus Professional modifies system hosts file. It is used to resolve some canonical names of websites to ip addresses. When it is changed, the user may be redirected to malicious site still seeing good URL in address bar. It is very hard to find out if the site is genuine or not, when hosts file is modified. To fix this, please download Microsoft FixIt tool, that restores your hosts file to windows default. Run this tool when downloaded and follow the on-screen instructions. Download link below:
3. Download and install recommended anti-spyware software to completely remove the fake antivirus from your PC.
NOTE: Rogue antivirus programs can block the download of anti-spyware software, if you can't download it using the default location, try one of the alternative download locations below:
- Location 1 (The file is renamed to "iexplore.exe" because most of spyware doesn't block this file)
- Location 2
AVASoft Antivirus Professional removal using a retrieved licence (registration) key:
1. Wait until AVASoft Antivirus Professional rogue antivirus will finish it's fake security scan and click on the "Registration" button which is located at the top right corner of the main window.
2. In the opened window enter this retrieved registry key: AA39754E-715219CE This will trick AVASoft Antivirus Professional into believing that you have already payed for it's full version. This step makes the removal process of this rogue antivirus program less complicated, after entering this registry key AVASoft Antivirus Professional will allow execution of installed software (including Internet browsers) and you will be able to download anti-spyware software without various interruptions.
3. After entering this licence key AVASoft Antivirus Professional will generate a couple of messages thanking you for registration and will imitate the removal process of previously detected malware and virus infections. Notice that after you enter the correct registration key AVASoft Antivirus Professional will change it's user's interface color to while instead of red.
4. Notice that entering this registration key doesn't remove AVASoft Antivirus Professional from your computer - it makes the removal process less complicated. To completely remove this rogue antivirus from your computer download and install recommended anti-spyware software.
Other tools, known to remove AVASoft Antivirus Professional:
Optional methods which can be used to eliminate AVASoft Antivirus Professional:
Remove AVASoft Antivirus Professional using a new user account.
AVASoft Antivirus Professional removal using System Restore.
AVASoft Antivirus Professional removal using a Rescue Disk.
If you can't access Internet please follow these instructions.
If you were unable to remove AVASoft Antivirus Professional, you can use this manual removal guide . Use it at your own risk - if you don't have a strong computer knowledge you could harm your operating system. Use it only if you are an experienced computer user. (Instructions on how to end processes, remove registry entries...)
End these AVASoft Antivirus Professional processes:
Remove these AVASoft Antivirus Professional registry entries:
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\featurecontrol\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION "svchost.exe"
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "enablehttp1_1" = '1'
Delete these AVASoft Antivirus Professional files:
%StartMenu%\Programs\AVASoft Antivirus Professional.lnk
Notice that "AVASoft" (tech-ava-soft.org - visiting this site is not recommended) company which supposedly is the developer of AVASoft Professional Antivirus pretends to be a legitimate company and thus in their website they present their visitors with a completely different software called "Antivirus Security 2013". This program doesn't pretend to detect various non-existent malware or viruses, it also doesn't generate fake security warning messages. This program might seem legitimate however it was created with a sole purpose of tricking credit card companies so that AVASoft would be able to open a credit card account and manage transactions. Antivirus Security 2013 is a totally useless program which is developed only for cloaking the real rogue business model of AVASoft Antivirus Professional.
Screenshot of Antivirus Security 2013:
General tips on removing AVASoft Antivirus Professional:
*If you can't download anti-spyware software: Click on the download link, when the save dialog opens change the file name (example: when downloading mbam-setup.exe rename it to iexplore.exe).
*If you have installed anti-spyware program but you can't run it: Click Run, type %ProgramFiles% and press Enter. Open folder of your anti-spyware program, search for executable file and rename it. (example: Open Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware folder, right-click on the main executable file (mbam.exe) then click rename. Rename the mbam.exe file to iexplore.exe, winlogon.exe firefox.exe ...
*If you can't access your anti-spyware software, try creating a new user account:
Click Start -> Settings -> Control panel.
Click User Accounts and create a new account.
Reboot your computer and log in using a newly created user account.
*After this procedure you should be able to access your anti-spyware programs. Update and run a full system scan.
Some malicious software modifies browser settings and disables downloads of spyware and virus removing software. If you have problems downloading anti-spyware software with Internet Explorer, try downloading with Chrome, FireFox, Opera, etc.
If you can't access Internet:
Load your computer in safe mode. Click Start, click Shut down, click Restart, click OK. During your computer starting process press F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until you see Windows Advanced Option menu, then select Safe mode with networking from the list.
Start Task manager. Press ctrl+alt+del (or ctrl+shift+esc) and end task the processes of rogue program. ( if after this procedure you can't access any programs press ctrl+alt+del, click File, select New Task, and type explorer.exe then press OK.
Open Internet explorer, click Tools and select Internet Options. Select Connections, then click LAN settings, if a Use a proxy server for your LAN is checked, uncheck it and press OK.
After this procedure you should be able to access Internet. Now you can download anti-spyware software from our "Top spyware removers" section and run a full scan. Download, install and don't forget to update your selected anti-spyware program, then run a full system scan.
- FBI Your Computer Has Been Locked scam
- System Care Antivirus
- Department of Justice MoneyPak Virus
- Win 7 Antivirus 2013
- SweetIM Toolbar (Search.sweetim.com Virus)
- Department of Justice scam
- FBI Cybercrime Division - Your PC is Blocked (MoneyPak Virus)
- Metropolitan Police ransomware (PCeU) virus
- Police Central E-Crime Unit Virus
- Internet Security "designed to protect" Scam - Fake Antivirus Program