What is loloclicks[.]biz?
Loloclicks[.]biz is quite similar to leefmylife[.]info, hisurnhuh[.]com, substandid[.]space and other pages designed to display deceptive content and open questionasble websites (it depends on the IP address of their visitors). It is unlikely for pages of this type to be visited by users intentionally.
loloclicks[.]biz in detail
It is likely that loloclicks[.]biz is promoted through potentially unwanted applications (PUAs), various advertisements or other shady websites. It is known that loloclicks[.]biz displays a fake CAPTCHA test encouraging users to click the "Allow" button to prove that they are not robots.
Like most websites of this type, loloclicks[.]biz uses a clickbait technique to trick visitors into allowing it to show notifications. Neither loloclicks[.]biz or any other similar page should be allowed to show notifications. As a rule, notifications from pages like loloclicks[.]biz contain shady ads, links to dubious pages, etc.
Also, loloclicks[.]biz is used to promote various websites. As a rule, websites like this one open questionable pages, for example, websites designed to trick visitors into providing personal information, downloading and installing potentially unwanted applications (like adware, browser hijackers), and so on.
Loloclicks[.]biz could be designed to promote legitimate pages as well. It is common that individuals behind a website like this one monetize it by getting paid a referral fee. More precisely, it is possible that they get paid if visitors create new accounts, purchase something on pages opened via loloclicks[.]biz.
As previously mentioned, it is possible that loloclicks[.]biz is promoted through potentially unwanted applications. It is strongly recommended not to have PUAs installed on browsers or computers - it is common that apps of this kind are designed to display unwanted advertisements and collect various information.
Pretty often, PUAs display pop-up ads, various coupons, banners, etc., designed to advertise shady websites. In some cases, those ads can run scripts designed to download, install unwanted apps. Also, they gather IP addresses, entered search queries, visited websites, geolocations, or other browsing-related data.
In some cases, potentially unwanted applications can access sensitive information, for example, credit card details, login credentials. The biggest problem is that information collected by PUAs could be used to steal online accounts, identities, make fraudulent purchases, or misused in other ways.
|Name||Ads by loloclicks.biz|
|Threat Type||Push notifications ads, Unwanted ads, Pop-up ads|
|Detection Names||Fortinet (Malware), Sucuri SiteCheck (Malicious), Full List Of Detections (VirusTotal)|
|Symptoms||Seeing advertisements not originating from the sites you are browsing. Intrusive pop-up ads. Decreased Internet browsing speed.|
|Distribution Methods||Deceptive pop-up ads, potentially unwanted applications (adware)|
|Damage||Decreased computer performance, browser tracking - privacy issues, possible additional malware infections.|
|Malware Removal (Windows)||
To eliminate possible malware infections, scan your computer with legitimate antivirus software. Our security researchers recommend using Combo Cleaner.
Pages like loloclicks[.]biz in general
To summarize, loloclicks[.]biz is an untrustworthy website designed to trick visitors into allowing it to show notifications and open other websites of this kind. Usually, users do not visit websites like loloclicks[.]biz on purpose. One of the ways to promote such pages is through potentially unwanted applications.
How did adware install on my computer?
Quite often, potentially unwanted applications are distributed by including them in downloaders, installers for other programs as optional offers. This distribution method is known as bundling. This methods works when users download and install programs bundled with PUAs without changing certain settings.
In most cases, offers to download or install bundled applications can be declined via "Advanced", "Custom", "Manual", or other settings, or by unticking ticked checkboxes. In some cases, users download or install potentially unwanted apps by clicking advertisements that are designed to run certain scripts.
How to avoid installation of potentially unwanted applications?
Applications should be downloaded from official websites (and through direct links). It is not recommended to use third-party downloaders (or installers), unofficial web pages, Peer-to-Peer networks (like torrent clients, eMule) to download or install programs. Quite often, the aforementioned sources are used to distribute PUAs.
Downloaders and installers with settings like "Custom", "Advanced" should be examined. It is common that those downloaders, installers are used to distribute PUAs. Additionally, it is recommended not to click on ads if they are shown on questionable pages. Quite often, those ads are used to promote shady pages or cause unwanted downloads, installations.
Any unwanted, unknown, or suspicious extensions, add-ons, or plug-ins installed on a browser or programs of this kind installed on the operating system should be removed. If your computer is already infected with rogue applications, we recommend running a scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus for Windows to automatically eliminate them.
Appearance of loloclicks[.]biz website (GIF):
IMPORTANT NOTE! This deceptive site asks to enable web browser notifications.
Therefore, before commencing, perform these steps:
Google Chrome (PC):
- Click the Menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the screen and select "Settings"
- Scroll down to the "Privacy and security" section, select "Site settings" and then "Notifications"
- Click three dots on the right hand side of each suspicious URL and select "Block" or "Remove" (if you click "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
Google Chrome (Android):
- Click on the Menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the screen and tap "Settings"
- Scroll down, tap on "Site settings" and then "Notifications"
- In the opened window, locate all suspicious URLs and tap on them one-by-one
- Once the pop-up shows up, select either "Block" or "Remove" (if you tap "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
- Click the Menu button (three bars) on the right upper corner of the screen
- Select "Settings" and click on "Privacy & Security" in the toolbar on the left hand side of the screen
- Scroll down to the "Permissions" section and click the "Settings" button next to "Notifications"
- In the opened window, locate all suspicious URLs and block them using the drop-down menu or either remove them by clicking "Remove Website" at the bottom of the window (if you click "Remove Website" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
- Click the menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the Edge window and select "Settings"
- Click on "Cookies and site permissions" in the toolbar on the left hand side of the screen and select "Notifications"
- Click three dots on the right hand side of each suspicious URL under "Allow" section and click "Block" or "Remove" (if you click "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
- Click "Safari" button on the left upper corner of the screen and select "Preferences..."
- Select the "Websites" tab and then select "Notifications" section on the left pane
- Check for suspicious URLs and apply the "Deny" option using the drop-down menu or either remove them by clicking "Remove" at the bottom of the window (if you click "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
Instant automatic malware removal:
Manual threat removal might be a lengthy and complicated process that requires advanced computer skills. Combo Cleaner is a professional automatic malware removal tool that is recommended to get rid of malware. Download it by clicking the button below:
- What is loloclicks[.]biz?
- STEP 1. Uninstall adware applications using Control Panel.
- STEP 2. Remove rogue plug-ins from Google Chrome.
- STEP 3. Remove adware-type extensions from Mozilla Firefox.
- STEP 4. Remove malicious extensions from Safari.
- STEP 5. Remove rogue plug-ins from Microsoft Edge.
Windows 10 users:
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen, in the Quick Access Menu select Control Panel. In the opened window choose Programs and Features.
Windows 7 users:
Click Start (Windows Logo at the bottom left corner of your desktop), choose Control Panel. Locate Programs and click Uninstall a program.
macOS (OSX) users:
Click Finder, in the opened screen select Applications. Drag the app from the Applications folder to the Trash (located in your Dock), then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
In the uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted applications, select these entries and click "Uninstall" or "Remove".
After uninstalling the potentially unwanted application that causes loloclicks[.]biz redirects, scan your computer for any remaining unwanted components or possible malware infections. To scan your computer, use recommended malware removal software.
Remove adware from Internet browsers:
Video showing how to eliminate ads delivered by loloclicks[.]biz using Combo Cleaner:
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
Click the Chrome menu icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome), select "More tools" and click "Extensions". Locate all recently-installed suspicious browser add-ons and remove them.
If you continue to have problems with removal of the ads by loloclicks.biz, reset your Google Chrome browser settings. Click the Chrome menu icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome) and select Settings. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen. Click the Advanced… link.
After scrolling to the bottom of the screen, click the Reset (Restore settings to their original defaults) button.
In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Google Chrome settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
Remove malicious plug-ins from Mozilla Firefox:
Click the Firefox menu (at the top right corner of the main window), select "Add-ons". Click "Extensions", in the opened window, remove all recently-installed suspicious browser plug-ins.
Computer users who have problems with ads by loloclicks.biz removal can reset their Mozilla Firefox settings.
Open Mozilla Firefox, at the top right corner of the main window, click the Firefox menu, in the opened menu, click Help.
Select Troubleshooting Information.
In the opened window, click the Refresh Firefox button.
In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Mozilla Firefox settings to default by clicking the Refresh Firefox button.
Remove malicious extensions from Safari:
Make sure your Safari browser is active, click Safari menu, and select Preferences....
In the opened window click Extensions, locate any recently installed suspicious extension, select it and click Uninstall.
Make sure your Safari browser is active and click on Safari menu. From the drop down menu select Clear History and Website Data...
In the opened window select all history and click the Clear History button.
Remove malicious extensions from Microsoft Edge:
Click the Edge menu icon (at the upper-right corner of Microsoft Edge), select "Extensions". Locate all recently-installed suspicious browser add-ons and click "Remove" below their names.
If you continue to have problems with removal of the ads by loloclicks.biz, reset your Microsoft Edge browser settings. Click the Edge menu icon (at the top right corner of Microsoft Edge) and select Settings.
In the opened settings menu select Reset settings.
Select Restore settings to their default values. In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Microsoft Edge settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
- If this did not help, follow these alternative instructions explaining how to reset the Microsoft Edge browser.
Commonly, adware or potentially unwanted applications infiltrate Internet browsers through free software downloads. Note that the safest source for downloading free software is via developers' websites only. To avoid installation of adware, be very attentive when downloading and installing free software. When installing previously-downloaded free programs, choose the custom or advanced installation options – this step will reveal any potentially unwanted applications listed for installation together with your chosen free program.
If you are experiencing problems while trying to remove ads by loloclicks.biz from your computer, please ask for assistance in our malware support forum.
Post a comment:
If you have additional information on ads by loloclicks.biz or it's removal please share your knowledge in the comments section below.