What is news-bobicu[.]cc?
News-bobicu[.]cc is an untrustworthy website designed to trick visitors into allowing it to show notifications and open questionable, potentially malicious pages. This page is similar to typiccor[.]com, tik-ttok[.]net, financesurvey365[.]org and a great deal of other pages. It is uncommon for these pages to be visited intentionally.
News-bobicu[.]cc in detail
Typically, websites like news-bobicu[.]cc are promoted via other untrustworthy websites, shady advertisements, and potentially unwanted applications (PUAs). In one way or another, users do not visit them on purpose. As mentioned in the first paragraph, news-bobicu[.]cc is designed to trick visitors into allowing it to show notifications.
Like most websites of this type, news-bobicu[.]cc uses a clickbait technique to trick visitors into clicking the "Allow" button. It loads a message saying that visitors need to click the "Allow" button to watch a video. If allowed, news-bobicu[.]cc shows notifications containing links to untrustworthy pages, dubious ads.
Another reason not to visit news-bobicu[.]cc is that it could open websites designed to trick visitors into providing credit card details, login credentials, or other personal information. Also, news-bobicu[.]cc could open pages designed to trick visitors into downloading adware, browser hijackers, or other unwanted applications.
It is common that pages like news-bobicu[.]cc are monetized through legitimate pages. In such cases, creators of websites like news-bobicu[.]cc get paid a referral fee when users purchase something, create accounts on pages opened through news-bobicu[.]cc. However, it is more common for sites like news-bobicu[.]cc to be designed to open untrustworthy websites.
More about PUAs
PUAs can be designed to generate advertisements and collect various data. Typically, PUAs generate coupons, pop-up ads, surveys, banners, or other advertisements designed to promote questionable, potentially malicious websites or download (or install) unwanted software by executing certain scripts.
Furthermore, apps of this kind can be designed to gather IP addresses, entered search queries, geolocations, visited pages, or other browsing-related information. Moreover, PUAs can be designed to collect information that could be misused to steal online accounts, identities, make unauthorized purchases, or for other malicious purposes.
|Name||Ads by news-bobicu.cc|
|Threat Type||Push notifications ads, Unwanted ads, Pop-up ads|
|Detection Names||CRDF (Malicious), CyRadar (Malicious), Fortinet (Malware), Sophos (Malware), Full List Of Detections (VirusTotal)|
|Symptoms||Seeing advertisements not originating from the sites you are browsing. Intrusive pop-up ads. Decreased Internet browsing speed.|
|Distribution Methods||Deceptive pop-up ads, potentially unwanted applications (adware)|
|Damage||Decreased computer performance, browser tracking - privacy issues, possible additional malware infections.|
|Malware Removal (Windows)||
To eliminate possible malware infections, scan your computer with legitimate antivirus software. Our security researchers recommend using Combo Cleaner.
Pages like news-bobicu[.]cc in general
In conclusion, news-bobicu[.]cc cannot be trusted: this website is designed to display deceptive content (to trick visitors into agreeing to receive its notifications) and promote other shady websites. There is a great deal of websites of this type on the Internet and most of them are pretty similar.
How did adware install on my computer?
Pretty often, users download and install potentially unwanted applications together with free programs - it is common for applications of this kind to be bundled with those programs. Users cause unwanted downloads or installations when they do not deselect optional offers, which can be done before finishing downloads or installations of free programs.
Typically, downloaders and installers used to distribute PUAs have "Advanced", "Custom", or other settings, or ticked checkboxes. Those settings can be used to deselect offered potentially unwanted applications. In some cases, users cause unwanted downloads and installations by clicking on deceptive ads designed to run certain scripts.
How to avoid installation of potentially unwanted applications?
It is recommended to check downloaders and installers for settings like "Custom", "Advanced", "Manual", and ticked checkboxes. Usually, downloaders, installers that have those settings are used to distribute potentially unwanted applications. Included applications can be opted out before finishing downloads, installations.
Programs (and files) should be downloaded from legitimate websites and through direct download links. Other sources can be used to distribute unwanted, potentially malicious programs. Examples of unreliable sources are third-party downloaders, unofficial pages, Peer-to-Peer networks (e.g., torrent clients, eMule). Third-party installers should not be used too.
Additionally, it is recommended not to click advertisements displayed on shady pages. Those ads promote untrustworthy websites or cause unwanted downloads, installations. Unwanted, unknown, or suspicious extensions, add-ons, or plug-ins installed on a browser (or programs of this kind installed on the operating system) should be removed. If your computer is already infected with rogue applications, we recommend running a scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus for Windows to automatically eliminate them.
Appearance of news-bobicu[.]cc website (GIF):
IMPORTANT NOTE! This deceptive site asks to enable web browser notifications.
Therefore, before commencing, perform these steps:
Google Chrome (PC):
- Click the Menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the screen and select "Settings"
- Scroll down to the "Privacy and security" section, select "Site settings" and then "Notifications"
- Click three dots on the right hand side of each suspicious URL and select "Block" or "Remove" (if you click "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
Google Chrome (Android):
- Click on the Menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the screen and tap "Settings"
- Scroll down, tap on "Site settings" and then "Notifications"
- In the opened window, locate all suspicious URLs and tap on them one-by-one
- Once the pop-up shows up, select either "Block" or "Remove" (if you tap "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
- Click the Menu button (three bars) on the right upper corner of the screen
- Select "Settings" and click on "Privacy & Security" in the toolbar on the left hand side of the screen
- Scroll down to the "Permissions" section and click the "Settings" button next to "Notifications"
- In the opened window, locate all suspicious URLs and block them using the drop-down menu or either remove them by clicking "Remove Website" at the bottom of the window (if you click "Remove Website" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
- Click the menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the Edge window and select "Settings"
- Click on "Cookies and site permissions" in the toolbar on the left hand side of the screen and select "Notifications"
- Click three dots on the right hand side of each suspicious URL under "Allow" section and click "Block" or "Remove" (if you click "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
- Click "Safari" button on the left upper corner of the screen and select "Preferences..."
- Select the "Websites" tab and then select "Notifications" section on the left pane
- Check for suspicious URLs and apply the "Deny" option using the drop-down menu or either remove them by clicking "Remove" at the bottom of the window (if you click "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
Instant automatic malware removal:
Manual threat removal might be a lengthy and complicated process that requires advanced computer skills. Combo Cleaner is a professional automatic malware removal tool that is recommended to get rid of malware. Download it by clicking the button below:
- What is news-bobicu[.]cc?
- STEP 1. Uninstall adware applications using Control Panel.
- STEP 2. Remove rogue plug-ins from Google Chrome.
- STEP 3. Remove adware-type extensions from Mozilla Firefox.
- STEP 4. Remove malicious extensions from Safari.
- STEP 5. Remove rogue plug-ins from Microsoft Edge.
Windows 10 users:
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen, in the Quick Access Menu select Control Panel. In the opened window choose Programs and Features.
Windows 7 users:
Click Start (Windows Logo at the bottom left corner of your desktop), choose Control Panel. Locate Programs and click Uninstall a program.
macOS (OSX) users:
Click Finder, in the opened screen select Applications. Drag the app from the Applications folder to the Trash (located in your Dock), then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
In the uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted applications, select these entries and click "Uninstall" or "Remove".
After uninstalling the potentially unwanted application that causes news-bobicu[.]cc redirects, scan your computer for any remaining unwanted components or possible malware infections. To scan your computer, use recommended malware removal software.
Remove adware from Internet browsers:
Video showing how to eliminate ads delivered by news-bobicu[.]cc using Combo Cleaner:
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
Click the Chrome menu icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome), select "More tools" and click "Extensions". Locate all recently-installed suspicious browser add-ons and remove them.
If you continue to have problems with removal of the ads by news-bobicu.cc, reset your Google Chrome browser settings. Click the Chrome menu icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome) and select Settings. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen. Click the Advanced… link.
After scrolling to the bottom of the screen, click the Reset (Restore settings to their original defaults) button.
In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Google Chrome settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
Remove malicious plug-ins from Mozilla Firefox:
Click the Firefox menu (at the top right corner of the main window), select "Add-ons". Click "Extensions", in the opened window, remove all recently-installed suspicious browser plug-ins.
Computer users who have problems with ads by news-bobicu.cc removal can reset their Mozilla Firefox settings.
Open Mozilla Firefox, at the top right corner of the main window, click the Firefox menu, in the opened menu, click Help.
Select Troubleshooting Information.
In the opened window, click the Refresh Firefox button.
In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Mozilla Firefox settings to default by clicking the Refresh Firefox button.
Remove malicious extensions from Safari:
Make sure your Safari browser is active, click Safari menu, and select Preferences....
In the opened window click Extensions, locate any recently installed suspicious extension, select it and click Uninstall.
Make sure your Safari browser is active and click on Safari menu. From the drop down menu select Clear History and Website Data...
In the opened window select all history and click the Clear History button.
Remove malicious extensions from Microsoft Edge:
Click the Edge menu icon (at the upper-right corner of Microsoft Edge), select "Extensions". Locate all recently-installed suspicious browser add-ons and click "Remove" below their names.
If you continue to have problems with removal of the ads by news-bobicu.cc, reset your Microsoft Edge browser settings. Click the Edge menu icon (at the top right corner of Microsoft Edge) and select Settings.
In the opened settings menu select Reset settings.
Select Restore settings to their default values. In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Microsoft Edge settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
- If this did not help, follow these alternative instructions explaining how to reset the Microsoft Edge browser.
Commonly, adware or potentially unwanted applications infiltrate Internet browsers through free software downloads. Note that the safest source for downloading free software is via developers' websites only. To avoid installation of adware, be very attentive when downloading and installing free software. When installing previously-downloaded free programs, choose the custom or advanced installation options – this step will reveal any potentially unwanted applications listed for installation together with your chosen free program.
If you are experiencing problems while trying to remove ads by news-bobicu.cc from your computer, please ask for assistance in our malware support forum.
Post a comment:
If you have additional information on ads by news-bobicu.cc or it's removal please share your knowledge in the comments section below.