"Firefox security alert" removal guide
What is Fake Firefox SecurityAlert?
Firefox security alert is a fake pop-up message created by Internet criminals with the intention of distributing fake antivirus programs. These rogue pop-up messages are incorporated into misleading websites and target computer users who are inadvertently directed to them. Although the alert reports that your computer is infected, the software has no method of detecting infections that may exist on your PC. The messages generated are designed to scare PC users into downloading rogue antivirus programs in order to eliminate these non existent security threats.
This fake security alert reports that a security scan is being performed, and after the fake scan, the pop up states that Firefox has found multiple infections on your computer and advises the user to download a security program to remove them. You should not click the "Start Protection" button located at the bottom right of this fake security alert, as this will lead to a rogue antivirus program being installed on your computer. In most cases, this fake pop-up distributes a fake security program called Windows Security Center. Always use a legitimate security program to prevent these scams being displayed. Fake Firefox security alert displays the following fake security warning message:
"Firefox security alert. Scanning of your system is currently on. Please wait until the end. Your system is affected by numerous virus attacks. Mozilla Firefox recommends you to install proper software to protect your computer."
Instant automatic removal of Firefox Security Alert Malware:
Manual threat removal might be a lengthy and complicated process that requires advanced computer skills. Spyhunter is a professional automatic malware removal tool that is recommended to get rid of Firefox Security Alert Malware. Download it by clicking the button below:
- What is Fake Firefox Security Alert?
- STEP 1. Remove Fake Firefox Security Alert using a software.
- STEP 2. Remove Fake Firefox Security Alert using Safe Mode with Networking.
Removal of fake Firefox security alert pop-up
NOTE: If you cannot run or download the removal tool, download the registry fix file. This enables execution of applications. Click on the link below, and when download completes, click Run, click Yes and then Ok.
Fake Firefox security alert removal instructions:
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode. Click Start, click Shut Down, click Restart, click OK. During your computer starting process, press the F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until you see the Windows Advanced Option menu, then select Safe Mode with Networking from the list.
Video showing how to start Windows in "Safe Mode with Networking":
2. Download the fix.reg file. After saving the file to your desktop, double click fix.reg and then click YES to confirm.
3. Open Internet Explorer, click Tools and select Internet Options. Select "Connections".
4.Click LAN settings, if 'Use a proxy server for your LAN' is checked, uncheck it and press OK.
5. Download legitimate anti-spyware software to fully remove this fake alert from your PC. Download Recommended Spyware Remover to remove fake Firefox security alert.
Other tools known to remove fake Firefox security alert: