How to remove Home Security Solutions virus?
What is Home Security Solutions?
Home Security Solutions is a rogue anti-spyware program created by Internet criminals. This fake scanner is a copy of its previous versions: Home Safety Essentials, System Smart Security, Best Malware Protection, and many others. Like its previous versions, Home Security Solutions is distributed using fake Flash Player updates or by tricking computer users via fake online security scanner pop-ups. When installed on your computer, this bogus program changes the registry of your operating system so that it starts automatically each time you boot your PC. Home Security Solutions then performs a fake security scan resulting in the 'detection' of a wide range of security issues on your system.
If you decide to remove the 'detected' threats, you are reminded that you are using a 'non activated' version of Home Security Solutions and advised to buy a license to proceed with the removal. Do not trust Home Security Solutions - it is a cleverly designed scam which attempts to scare you into believing that your computer is at risk, and then encourages you to buy a non existent license for a useless security scanner. This rogue program uses terms such as 'Genuine Microsoft Software' in order to further convince you that Home Security Solutions is a legitimate security program. Do not mistake this fake program for Microsoft Security Essentials. Internet criminals use a similar program interface as part of their deceit. If you have already bought a license for Home Security Solutions, contact your credit card company and dispute the charges, explaining that you have been tricked into buying a fake PC security program. Ignore the security scans and warning messages displayed by Home Security Solutions and remove it from your computer immediately.
Instant automatic malware removal:
Manual threat removal might be a lengthy and complicated process that requires advanced computer skills. Malwarebytes is a professional automatic malware removal tool that is recommended to get rid of malware. Download it by clicking the button below:
- What is Home Security Solutions?
- STEP 1. Remove Home Security Solutions using a registration key.
- STEP 2. Remove Home Security Solutions using Safe Mode with Networking.
Home Security Solutions virus removal:
Before downloading, enter the Home Security Solutions registration key in the registration window. Click the Help icon (at the top right corner of the main window of Home Security Solutions), then click Register Now.
If you cannot download or run the spyware remover, try running the registry fix (link below). It enables execution of programs. Download the registryfix.reg file, double click it, click YES, and then OK.
Home Security Solutions removal instructions (on infected computer):
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode. Click Start, click Shut Down, click Restart, click OK. During your computer starting process press the F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until you see the Windows Advanced Option menu, then select Safe Mode with Networking from the list.
Here is a video demonstrating how to start Windows in "Safe Mode with Networking":
Windows XP users:
Windows Vista / 7 users:
Windows 8 users:
2. Open Internet Explorer, click Tools and select Internet Options. Select "Connections".
3.Click LAN settings, if 'Use a proxy server for your LAN' is checked, uncheck it and press OK.
4. Download HijackThis and save it to your desktop. Some malicious programs are able to block HijackThis, so when you click the download link, in the Save dialog, rename HijackThis.exe to iexplore.exe and only then click the Save button. After saving the file to your desktop, double click it. In the main HijackThis window click the “Do a system scan only” button. Select the following entry (place a tick at the left of the entry):
O4 – HKCU\..\Run: [Home Security Solutions] “%AllUsersProfile%\\_.exe” /s /d
After selecting the required entry, click "Fix Checked". After this procedure you can close HijackThis and proceed to the next removal step.
5. Download legitimate anti-spyware software to fully remove Home Security Solutions from your computer.
6. After removing Home Security Solutions, reset your Hosts files. Do not skip this step, as this malware modifies your Hosts files and you will encounter browser redirect problems.
The Hosts file is used to resolve canonical names of websites to IP addresses. When it is changed, the user may be redirected to malicious websites, despite observing legitimate URLs in address bar. It is difficult to determine if these websites are genuine when the Hosts file has been modified. To fix this, please download the Microsoft FixIt tool that restores your Hosts file to the Windows default. Run this tool when downloaded and follow the on-screen instructions. The download link is below:
Other tools known to remove Home Security Solutions:
The fake antivirus programs (also known as "rogue antivirus programs" or "scareware") are applications that tries to lure computer users into paying for their non-existent full versions to remove the supposedly detected security infections (although the computer is actually clean). These bogus programs are created by cyber criminals who design them to look as legitimate antivirus software. Most commonly rogue antivirus programs infiltrate user's computer using poop-up windows or alerts which appear when users surf the Internet. These deceptive messages trick users into downloading a rogue antivirus program on their computers. Other known tactics used to spread scareware include exploit kits, infected email messages, online ad networks, drive-by downloads, or even direct calls to user's offering free support.
A computer that is infected with a fake antivirus program might also have other malware installed on it as rogue antivirus programs often are bundled with Trojans and exploit kits. Noteworthy that additional malware that infiltrates user's operating system remains on victim's computer regardless of whether a payment for a non-existent full version of a fake antivirus program is made. Here are some examples of fake security warning messages that are used in fake antivirus distribution:
Computer users who are dealing with a rogue security software shouldn't buy it's full version. By paying for a license key of a fake antivirus program users would send their money and banking information to cyber criminals. Users who have already entered their credit card number (or other sensitive information) when asked by such bogus software should inform their credit card company that they have been tricked into buying a rogue security software. Screenshot of a web page used to lure computer users into paying for a non-existent full version of home security solutions rogue and other rogue antivirus programs:
To protect your computer from home security solutions rogue and other rogue antivirus programs users should:
- Keep their operating system and all of the installed programs up-to-date.
- Use legitimate antivirus and anti-spyware programs.
- Use caution when clicking on links in social networking websites and email messages.
- Don't trust online pop-up messages which state that your computer is infected and offers you to download security software.
Symptoms indicating that your operating system is infected with a fake antivirus program:
- Intrusive security warning pop-up messages.
- Alerts asking to upgrade to a paid version of a program to remove the supposedly detected malware.
- Slow computer performance.
- Disabled Windows updates.
- Blocked Task Manager.
- Blocked Internet browsers or inability to visit legitimate antivirus vendor websites.
If you are experiencing problems while trying to remove home security solutions rogue from your computer, please ask for assistance in our malware removal forum.
If you have additional information on home security solutions rogue or it's removal please share your knowledge in the comments section below.