What is the news-lipaze[.]cc site?
News-lipaze[.]cc is an untrustworthy website sharing many similarities with positivestar.org, 761d.site, ositieonthat.space, and thousands of others. It is designed to present visitors with dubious content and/or redirect them to other (likely unreliable or malicious) sites.
Such rogue webpages are typically accessed via redirects caused by suspect websites, intrusive ads, or installed PUAs (Potentially Unwanted Applications).
News-lipaze[.]cc in detail
Whether visitors to news-lipaze[.]cc are presented with questionable material and/or redirected elsewhere - depends on their IP addresses/ geolocations.
Furthermore, most pages of this type use deceptive content (e.g., clickbait, fake CAPTCHA verification, etc.) to trick visitors into enabling their browser notifications. This applies to news-lipaze[.]cc as well; should its notifications be allowed - the website will start running intrusive advertisement campaigns.
The displayed ads are more than just a nuisance, they also endanger device/user safety. Once clicked on, intrusive adverts redirect to various untrustworthy/malicious sites, and some can stealthily download/install software (e.g., PUAs).
|Threat Type||Push notifications ads, Unwanted ads, Pop-up ads|
|Detection Names||CyRadar (Malicious), Forcepoint ThreatSeeker (Malicious), Fortinet (Phishing), Sophos (Malware), ESET (Suspicious), Full List Of Detections (VirusTotal)|
|Observed Domains||4.news-lipaze[.]cc; 3.news-lipaze[.]cc; 2.news-lipaze[.]cc|
|Symptoms||Seeing advertisements not originating from the sites you are browsing. Intrusive pop-up ads. Decreased Internet browsing speed.|
|Distribution Methods||Deceptive pop-up ads, potentially unwanted applications (adware)|
|Damage||Decreased computer performance, browser tracking - privacy issues, possible additional malware infections.|
|Malware Removal (Windows)||
To eliminate possible malware infections, scan your computer with legitimate antivirus software. Our security researchers recommend using Combo Cleaner.
Potentially unwanted application overview
Despite their legitimate appearance, PUAs seldom work as advertised, and they usually have harmful abilities. Unwanted apps can operate by running intrusive ad campaigns, force-opening webpages, hijacking browsers, and gathering private information.
To summarize, the presence of unwanted software on devices can lead to system infections, severe privacy issues, financial losses, and even identity theft.
How did adware install on my computer?
PUAs can be downloaded/installed together with other programs. The marketing technique of packing ordinary software with various additions - is called "bundling". Rushed downloads/installations increase the risk of allowing bundled content into the system.
Intrusive ads are used to proliferate PUAs as well. Upon being clicked, the adverts can execute scripts to make stealthy downloads/installations. Some PUAs also have "official" promotional/download sites.
How to avoid installation of potentially unwanted applications?
It is advised to research software and download from official/verified sources. Untrustworthy download channels, e.g., unofficial and freeware websites, Peer-to-Peer sharing networks, etc. - often offer bundled and harmful content.
When downloading/installing, it is important to read terms, explore available options, use the "Custom/Advanced" settings, and opt-out from all additions. Intrusive advertisements appear legitimate, yet they redirect to highly questionable sites (e.g., gambling, adult-dating, pornography, and so on).
In case of encounters with adverts and/or redirects of this type, the system must be checked and all suspect applications and browser extensions/plug-ins detected - immediately removed from it. If your computer is already infected with rogue applications, we recommend running a scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus for Windows to automatically eliminate them.
Screenshots of adverts delivered by the news-lipaze[.]cc website:
Appearance of the news-lipaze[.]cc website (GIF):
IMPORTANT NOTE! This deceptive site asks to enable web browser notifications.
Therefore, before commencing, perform these steps:
Google Chrome (PC):
- Click the Menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the screen and select "Settings"
- Scroll down to the "Privacy and security" section, select "Site settings" and then "Notifications"
- Click three dots on the right hand side of each suspicious URL and select "Block" or "Remove" (if you click "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
Google Chrome (Android):
- Click on the Menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the screen and tap "Settings"
- Scroll down, tap on "Site settings" and then "Notifications"
- In the opened window, locate all suspicious URLs and tap on them one-by-one
- Once the pop-up shows up, select either "Block" or "Remove" (if you tap "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
- Click the Menu button (three bars) on the right upper corner of the screen
- Select "Settings" and click on "Privacy & Security" in the toolbar on the left hand side of the screen
- Scroll down to the "Permissions" section and click the "Settings" button next to "Notifications"
- In the opened window, locate all suspicious URLs and block them using the drop-down menu or either remove them by clicking "Remove Website" at the bottom of the window (if you click "Remove Website" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
- Click the menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the Edge window and select "Settings"
- Click on "Cookies and site permissions" in the toolbar on the left hand side of the screen and select "Notifications"
- Click three dots on the right hand side of each suspicious URL under "Allow" section and click "Block" or "Remove" (if you click "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
- Click "Safari" button on the left upper corner of the screen and select "Preferences..."
- Select the "Websites" tab and then select "Notifications" section on the left pane
- Check for suspicious URLs and apply the "Deny" option using the drop-down menu or either remove them by clicking "Remove" at the bottom of the window (if you click "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
Instant automatic malware removal:
Manual threat removal might be a lengthy and complicated process that requires advanced computer skills. Combo Cleaner is a professional automatic malware removal tool that is recommended to get rid of malware. Download it by clicking the button below:
- What is news-lipaze[.]cc?
- STEP 1. Uninstall adware applications using Control Panel.
- STEP 2. Remove rogue plug-ins from Google Chrome.
- STEP 3. Remove adware-type extensions from Mozilla Firefox.
- STEP 4. Remove malicious extensions from Safari.
- STEP 5. Remove rogue plug-ins from Microsoft Edge.
Windows 11 users:
Right-click on the Start icon, select Apps and Features. In the opened window search for the application you want to uninstall, after locating it, click on the three vertical dots and select Uninstall.
Windows 10 users:
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen, in the Quick Access Menu select Control Panel. In the opened window choose Programs and Features.
Windows 7 users:
Click Start (Windows Logo at the bottom left corner of your desktop), choose Control Panel. Locate Programs and click Uninstall a program.
macOS (OSX) users:
Click Finder, in the opened screen select Applications. Drag the app from the Applications folder to the Trash (located in your Dock), then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
In the uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted applications, select these entries and click "Uninstall" or "Remove".
After uninstalling the potentially unwanted application that causes news-lipaze[.]cc redirects, scan your computer for any remaining unwanted components or possible malware infections. To scan your computer, use recommended malware removal software.
Remove adware from Internet browsers:
Video showing how to eliminate ads delivered by news-lipaze[.]cc using Combo Cleaner:
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
Click the Chrome menu icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome), select "More tools" and click "Extensions". Locate all recently-installed suspicious browser add-ons and remove them.
If you continue to have problems with removal of the news-lipaze.cc pop-up, reset your Google Chrome browser settings. Click the Chrome menu icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome) and select Settings. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen. Click the Advanced… link.
After scrolling to the bottom of the screen, click the Reset (Restore settings to their original defaults) button.
In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Google Chrome settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
Remove malicious plug-ins from Mozilla Firefox:
Click the Firefox menu (at the top right corner of the main window), select "Add-ons". Click "Extensions", in the opened window, remove all recently-installed suspicious browser plug-ins.
Computer users who have problems with news-lipaze.cc pop-up removal can reset their Mozilla Firefox settings.
Open Mozilla Firefox, at the top right corner of the main window, click the Firefox menu, in the opened menu, click Help.
Select Troubleshooting Information.
In the opened window, click the Refresh Firefox button.
In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Mozilla Firefox settings to default by clicking the Refresh Firefox button.
Remove malicious extensions from Safari:
Make sure your Safari browser is active, click Safari menu, and select Preferences....
In the opened window click Extensions, locate any recently installed suspicious extension, select it and click Uninstall.
Make sure your Safari browser is active and click on Safari menu. From the drop down menu select Clear History and Website Data...
In the opened window select all history and click the Clear History button.
Remove malicious extensions from Microsoft Edge:
Click the Edge menu icon (at the upper-right corner of Microsoft Edge), select "Extensions". Locate all recently-installed suspicious browser add-ons and click "Remove" below their names.
If you continue to have problems with removal of the news-lipaze.cc pop-up, reset your Microsoft Edge browser settings. Click the Edge menu icon (at the top right corner of Microsoft Edge) and select Settings.
In the opened settings menu select Reset settings.
Select Restore settings to their default values. In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Microsoft Edge settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
- If this did not help, follow these alternative instructions explaining how to reset the Microsoft Edge browser.
Commonly, adware or potentially unwanted applications infiltrate Internet browsers through free software downloads. Note that the safest source for downloading free software is via developers' websites only. To avoid installation of adware, be very attentive when downloading and installing free software. When installing previously-downloaded free programs, choose the custom or advanced installation options – this step will reveal any potentially unwanted applications listed for installation together with your chosen free program.
Post a comment:
If you have additional information on news-lipaze.cc pop-up or it's removal please share your knowledge in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why am I seeing ads (browser notifications) delivered by news-lipaze[.]cc in the right lower corner of my desktop?
Sites deliver browser notifications when users allow them to do so. Hence, you have likely visited news-lipaze[.]cc and given it permission. Note that rogue websites are typically accessed inadvertently, and they use deceptive content (e.g., clickbait, fake CAPTCHA, etc.) to trick visitors into enabling their notifications.
I have clicked on notification ads, is my computer infected?
While clicking on a notification will not trigger any infection processes, the content (e.g., sites, apps, etc.) promoted through these ads - can be virulent and cause infections.
Is news-lipaze[.]cc a virus?
News-lipaze[.]cc is not considered to be a virus, yet such sites often promote various scams, untrustworthy and harmful websites and apps, and even malware.
Will Combo Cleaner remove news-lipaze[.]cc ads automatically or manual steps are still required?
Yes, Combo Cleaner can scan devices and revert the permissions granted for this site. Additionally, Combo Cleaner will block all further access to news-lipaze[.]cc. Therefore, no additional steps will be necessary.