What kind of page is sasmotia[.]com?
Sasmotia[.]com is an untrustworthy website designed to open other dubious sites and to lure visitors into agreeing to receive its notifications. It is uncommon for pages of this type to be visited intentionally. A couple of examples of other similar sites are fresh-content[.]biz, allactualjournal[.]com, and fugles[.]net.
Sasmotia[.]com in detail
Sasmotia[.]com suggests that it is necessary to click the "Allow" button to continue loading its content. It wants to get permission to show notifications. Those notifications could be designed to open shady websites, promote potentially unwanted applications (PUAs), various scams, and so on.
Also, sasmotia[.]com redirects visitors to mugrikees[.]com (via dubious sites). It could open other shady websites, too (for example, pages used to promote adware, browser hijackers). This page cannot be trusted and should not be allowed to deliver notifications.
|Name||Ads by sasmotia.com|
|Threat Type||Push notifications ads, Unwanted ads, Pop-up ads|
|Detection Names||Bfore.Ai PreCrime (Malicious), CRDF (Malicious), CyRadar (Malicious), Fortinet (Phishing), Full List Of Detections (VirusTotal)|
|Symptoms||Seeing advertisements not originating from the sites you are browsing. Intrusive pop-up ads. Decreased Internet browsing speed.|
|Distribution Methods||Deceptive pop-up ads, potentially unwanted applications (adware)|
|Damage||Decreased computer performance, browser tracking - privacy issues, possible additional malware infections.|
|Malware Removal (Windows)||
To eliminate possible malware infections, scan your computer with legitimate antivirus software. Our security researchers recommend using Combo Cleaner.
Web pages of this type in general
It is common for pages like sasmotia[.]com to be opened through clicked deceptive pages, visited untrustworthy websites, installed potentially unwanted applications. In other words, users do not open them (or download and install PUAs) on purpose.
How did adware install on my computer?
PUAs are distributed through downloaders and installers for other programs, fake installers, advertisements. When users download or install programs without changing "Custom", "Advanced", or other settings, they end up having PUAs downloaded or installed as well.
Deceptive advertisements can download (or install) PUAs only when they are designed to run certain scripts and users click on them. Fake installers usually are disguised as legitimate ones. Most of them are promoted using deceptive websites.
How to avoid installation of potentially unwanted applications?
It is advisable to download apps and files from reliable, official websites and avoid using third-party downloaders, installers, unofficial websites, and other sources of this kind. Also, programs should not be downloaded and installed until all unwanted apps are deselected.
Additionally, it is recommended to avoid clicking ads that appear on dubious websites (for instance, on pages related to gambling, adult dating, pornography). If your computer is already infected with rogue applications, we recommend running a scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus for Windows to automatically eliminate them.
Appearance of sasmotia[.]com website (GIF):
IMPORTANT NOTE! This deceptive site asks to enable web browser notifications.
Therefore, before commencing, perform these steps:
Google Chrome (PC):
- Click the Menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the screen and select "Settings"
- Scroll down to the "Privacy and security" section, select "Site settings" and then "Notifications"
- Click three dots on the right hand side of each suspicious URL and select "Block" or "Remove" (if you click "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
Google Chrome (Android):
- Click on the Menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the screen and tap "Settings"
- Scroll down, tap on "Site settings" and then "Notifications"
- In the opened window, locate all suspicious URLs and tap on them one-by-one
- Once the pop-up shows up, select either "Block" or "Remove" (if you tap "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
- Click the Menu button (three bars) on the right upper corner of the screen
- Select "Settings" and click on "Privacy & Security" in the toolbar on the left hand side of the screen
- Scroll down to the "Permissions" section and click the "Settings" button next to "Notifications"
- In the opened window, locate all suspicious URLs and block them using the drop-down menu or either remove them by clicking "Remove Website" at the bottom of the window (if you click "Remove Website" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
- Click the menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the Edge window and select "Settings"
- Click on "Cookies and site permissions" in the toolbar on the left hand side of the screen and select "Notifications"
- Click three dots on the right hand side of each suspicious URL under "Allow" section and click "Block" or "Remove" (if you click "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
- Click "Safari" button on the left upper corner of the screen and select "Preferences..."
- Select the "Websites" tab and then select "Notifications" section on the left pane
- Check for suspicious URLs and apply the "Deny" option using the drop-down menu or either remove them by clicking "Remove" at the bottom of the window (if you click "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
Instant automatic malware removal:
Manual threat removal might be a lengthy and complicated process that requires advanced computer skills. Combo Cleaner is a professional automatic malware removal tool that is recommended to get rid of malware. Download it by clicking the button below:
- What is sasmotia[.]com?
- STEP 1. Uninstall adware applications using Control Panel.
- STEP 2. Remove rogue plug-ins from Google Chrome.
- STEP 3. Remove adware-type extensions from Mozilla Firefox.
- STEP 4. Remove malicious extensions from Safari.
- STEP 5. Remove rogue plug-ins from Microsoft Edge.
Windows 11 users:
Right-click on the Start icon, select Apps and Features. In the opened window search for the application you want to uninstall, after locating it, click on the three vertical dots and select Uninstall.
Windows 10 users:
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen, in the Quick Access Menu select Control Panel. In the opened window choose Programs and Features.
Windows 7 users:
Click Start (Windows Logo at the bottom left corner of your desktop), choose Control Panel. Locate Programs and click Uninstall a program.
macOS (OSX) users:
Click Finder, in the opened screen select Applications. Drag the app from the Applications folder to the Trash (located in your Dock), then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
In the uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted applications, select these entries and click "Uninstall" or "Remove".
After uninstalling the potentially unwanted application that causes sasmotia[.]com redirects, scan your computer for any remaining unwanted components or possible malware infections. To scan your computer, use recommended malware removal software.
Remove adware from Internet browsers:
Video showing how to remove potentially unwanted browser add-ons:
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
Click the Chrome menu icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome), select "More tools" and click "Extensions". Locate all recently-installed suspicious browser add-ons and remove them.
If you continue to have problems with removal of the ads by sasmotia.com, reset your Google Chrome browser settings. Click the Chrome menu icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome) and select Settings. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen. Click the Advanced… link.
After scrolling to the bottom of the screen, click the Reset (Restore settings to their original defaults) button.
In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Google Chrome settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
Remove malicious plug-ins from Mozilla Firefox:
Click the Firefox menu (at the top right corner of the main window), select "Add-ons". Click "Extensions", in the opened window, remove all recently-installed suspicious browser plug-ins.
Computer users who have problems with ads by sasmotia.com removal can reset their Mozilla Firefox settings.
Open Mozilla Firefox, at the top right corner of the main window, click the Firefox menu, in the opened menu, click Help.
Select Troubleshooting Information.
In the opened window, click the Refresh Firefox button.
In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Mozilla Firefox settings to default by clicking the Refresh Firefox button.
Remove malicious extensions from Safari:
Make sure your Safari browser is active, click Safari menu, and select Preferences....
In the opened window click Extensions, locate any recently installed suspicious extension, select it and click Uninstall.
Make sure your Safari browser is active and click on Safari menu. From the drop down menu select Clear History and Website Data...
In the opened window select all history and click the Clear History button.
Remove malicious extensions from Microsoft Edge:
Click the Edge menu icon (at the upper-right corner of Microsoft Edge), select "Extensions". Locate all recently-installed suspicious browser add-ons and click "Remove" below their names.
If you continue to have problems with removal of the ads by sasmotia.com, reset your Microsoft Edge browser settings. Click the Edge menu icon (at the top right corner of Microsoft Edge) and select Settings.
In the opened settings menu select Reset settings.
Select Restore settings to their default values. In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Microsoft Edge settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
- If this did not help, follow these alternative instructions explaining how to reset the Microsoft Edge browser.
Commonly, adware or potentially unwanted applications infiltrate Internet browsers through free software downloads. Note that the safest source for downloading free software is via developers' websites only. To avoid installation of adware, be very attentive when downloading and installing free software. When installing previously-downloaded free programs, choose the custom or advanced installation options – this step will reveal any potentially unwanted applications listed for installation together with your chosen free program.
Post a comment:
If you have additional information on ads by sasmotia.com or it's removal please share your knowledge in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why am I seeing ads (browser notifications) delivered by sasmotia[.]com in the right lower corner of my desktop?
Websites cannot deliver notifications without permission. If there are notifications coming from sasmotia[.]com, it means that this page has been visited and allowed to deliver those notifications.
I have clicked on notification ads, is my computer infected?
A notification displayed by a page like sasmotia[.]com is harmless by itself. The problem with such a notification is that it can open a malicious page.
Is sasmotia[.]com a virus?
Pages like sasmotia[.]com are not considered to be viruses. Usually, these pages are designed to promote other questionable websites, scams, untrustworthy applications.
Will Combo Cleaner remove sasmotia[.]com ads automatically or manual steps are still required?
Yes, Combo Cleaner will scan your computer and remove all the permissions granted for sasmotia[.]com. It will also block all further access to this website. It will not be necessary to take any additional steps.