What kind of page is investmentbitc[.]com?
Investmentbitc[.]com asks for permission to show notifications and promotes shady websites. There are plenty of pages sharing these qualities, for example, akaiksots[.]com, bestclevercaptcha[.]top, and sweepstakessurvey[.]org. Most of them get opened through dubious ads, pages, or potentially unwanted applications (PUAs).
Investmentbitc[.]com in detail
Notifications coming from investmentbitc[.]com could be used to promote questionable software, websites, various scams. Thus, this page should not be allowed to show notifications (the "Allow" button should not be clicked when investmentbitc[.]com asks to do so).
Another reason not to trust investmentbitc[.]com is that it could open/redirect visitors to untrustworthy pages. Those pages could be malicious, ask to provide personal information, install questionable (potentially malicious) software.
|Name||Ads by investmentbitc.com|
|Threat Type||Push notifications ads, Unwanted ads, Pop-up ads|
|Detection Names||ADMINUSLabs (Malicious), CRDF (Malicious), ESET (Malware), Forcepoint ThreatSeeker (Malicious), Fortinet (Phishing), Full List Of Detections (VirusTotal)|
|Symptoms||Seeing advertisements not originating from the sites you are browsing. Intrusive pop-up ads. Decreased Internet browsing speed.|
|Distribution Methods||Deceptive pop-up ads, potentially unwanted applications (adware)|
|Damage||Decreased computer performance, browser tracking - privacy issues, possible additional malware infections.|
|Malware Removal (Windows)||
To eliminate possible malware infections, scan your computer with legitimate antivirus software. Our security researchers recommend using Combo Cleaner.
Pages of this type in general
Typically, users do not open websites like investmentbitc[.]com on purpose. One way to make users visit such sites is to trick them into installing a potentially unwanted application. An application of this kind can be designed to collect various data, generate advertisements.
How did adware install on my computer?
Potentially unwanted applications are distributed by including them in downloaders, installers for other programs, through advertisements, fake installers. The first distribution method works when users install programs without deselecting optional installations.
Users can choose not to download or install PUAs it using "Manual", "Advanced", "Custom", and other settings available in downloaders, installers. In other cases, users download or install PUAs by clicking on ads designed to run specific scripts or through fake installers downloaded from shady pages.
How to avoid installation of potentially unwanted applications?
Avoid using unreliable sources (for example, unofficial pages, torrent clients, third-party downloaders) for downloading files programs. Do not download or install programs until unwanted applications are deselected (it applies to programs bundled with PUAs). Additionally, do not click on ads that appear on dubious pages.
If your computer is already infected with rogue applications, we recommend running a scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus for Windows to automatically eliminate them.
Appearance of investmentbitc[.]com website (GIF):
Notification from investmentbitc[.]com:
IMPORTANT NOTE! This deceptive site asks to enable web browser notifications.
Therefore, before commencing, perform these steps:
Google Chrome (PC):
- Click the Menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the screen and select "Settings"
- Scroll down to the "Privacy and security" section, select "Site settings" and then "Notifications"
- Click three dots on the right hand side of each suspicious URL and select "Block" or "Remove" (if you click "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
Google Chrome (Android):
- Click on the Menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the screen and tap "Settings"
- Scroll down, tap on "Site settings" and then "Notifications"
- In the opened window, locate all suspicious URLs and tap on them one-by-one
- Once the pop-up shows up, select either "Block" or "Remove" (if you tap "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
- Click the Menu button (three bars) on the right upper corner of the screen
- Select "Settings" and click on "Privacy & Security" in the toolbar on the left hand side of the screen
- Scroll down to the "Permissions" section and click the "Settings" button next to "Notifications"
- In the opened window, locate all suspicious URLs and block them using the drop-down menu or either remove them by clicking "Remove Website" at the bottom of the window (if you click "Remove Website" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
- Click the menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the Edge window and select "Settings"
- Click on "Cookies and site permissions" in the toolbar on the left hand side of the screen and select "Notifications"
- Click three dots on the right hand side of each suspicious URL under "Allow" section and click "Block" or "Remove" (if you click "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
- Click "Safari" button on the left upper corner of the screen and select "Preferences..."
- Select the "Websites" tab and then select "Notifications" section on the left pane
- Check for suspicious URLs and apply the "Deny" option using the drop-down menu or either remove them by clicking "Remove" at the bottom of the window (if you click "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
Instant automatic malware removal:
Manual threat removal might be a lengthy and complicated process that requires advanced computer skills. Combo Cleaner is a professional automatic malware removal tool that is recommended to get rid of malware. Download it by clicking the button below:
- What is investmentbitc[.]com?
- STEP 1. Uninstall adware applications using Control Panel.
- STEP 2. Remove rogue plug-ins from Google Chrome.
- STEP 3. Remove adware-type extensions from Mozilla Firefox.
- STEP 4. Remove malicious extensions from Safari.
- STEP 5. Remove rogue plug-ins from Microsoft Edge.
Windows 11 users:
Right-click on the Start icon, select Apps and Features. In the opened window search for the application you want to uninstall, after locating it, click on the three vertical dots and select Uninstall.
Windows 10 users:
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen, in the Quick Access Menu select Control Panel. In the opened window choose Programs and Features.
Windows 7 users:
Click Start (Windows Logo at the bottom left corner of your desktop), choose Control Panel. Locate Programs and click Uninstall a program.
macOS (OSX) users:
Click Finder, in the opened screen select Applications. Drag the app from the Applications folder to the Trash (located in your Dock), then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
In the uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted applications, select these entries and click "Uninstall" or "Remove".
After uninstalling the potentially unwanted application that causes investmentbitc[.]com redirects, scan your computer for any remaining unwanted components or possible malware infections. To scan your computer, use recommended malware removal software.
Remove adware from Internet browsers:
Video showing how to remove potentially unwanted browser add-ons:
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
Click the Chrome menu icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome), select "More tools" and click "Extensions". Locate all recently-installed suspicious browser add-ons and remove them.
If you continue to have problems with removal of the ads by investmentbitc.com, reset your Google Chrome browser settings. Click the Chrome menu icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome) and select Settings. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen. Click the Advanced… link.
After scrolling to the bottom of the screen, click the Reset (Restore settings to their original defaults) button.
In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Google Chrome settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
Remove malicious plug-ins from Mozilla Firefox:
Click the Firefox menu (at the top right corner of the main window), select "Add-ons". Click "Extensions", in the opened window, remove all recently-installed suspicious browser plug-ins.
Computer users who have problems with ads by investmentbitc.com removal can reset their Mozilla Firefox settings.
Open Mozilla Firefox, at the top right corner of the main window, click the Firefox menu, in the opened menu, click Help.
Select Troubleshooting Information.
In the opened window, click the Refresh Firefox button.
In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Mozilla Firefox settings to default by clicking the Refresh Firefox button.
Remove malicious extensions from Safari:
Make sure your Safari browser is active, click Safari menu, and select Preferences....
In the opened window click Extensions, locate any recently installed suspicious extension, select it and click Uninstall.
Make sure your Safari browser is active and click on Safari menu. From the drop down menu select Clear History and Website Data...
In the opened window select all history and click the Clear History button.
Remove malicious extensions from Microsoft Edge:
Click the Edge menu icon (at the upper-right corner of Microsoft Edge), select "Extensions". Locate all recently-installed suspicious browser add-ons and click "Remove" below their names.
If you continue to have problems with removal of the ads by investmentbitc.com, reset your Microsoft Edge browser settings. Click the Edge menu icon (at the top right corner of Microsoft Edge) and select Settings.
In the opened settings menu select Reset settings.
Select Restore settings to their default values. In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Microsoft Edge settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
- If this did not help, follow these alternative instructions explaining how to reset the Microsoft Edge browser.
Commonly, adware or potentially unwanted applications infiltrate Internet browsers through free software downloads. Note that the safest source for downloading free software is via developers' websites only. To avoid installation of adware, be very attentive when downloading and installing free software. When installing previously-downloaded free programs, choose the custom or advanced installation options – this step will reveal any potentially unwanted applications listed for installation together with your chosen free program.
Post a comment:
If you have additional information on ads by investmentbitc.com or it's removal please share your knowledge in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why am I seeing ads (browser notifications) delivered by investmentbitc[.]com in the right lower corner of my desktop?
If investmentbitc[.]com shows notifications, it means that it has been visited and allowed to show them. Web pages do not deliver any notifications unless users give them permission to do so. Knowingly or unknowingly.
I have clicked on notification ads, is my computer infected?
Notifications cannot cause any harm directly, but they can open malicious websites.
Is investmentbitc[.]com a virus?
Websites like investmentbitc[.]com are not considered to be viruses. Usually, these pages are designed to promote various scams, questionable applications, websites, etc.
Will Combo Cleaner remove investmentbitc[.]com ads automatically or manual steps are still required?
Yes, Combo Cleaner will scan your computer and remove all the permissions that investmentbitc[.]com has. It will also block all further access to this page without needing to take any additional steps.