Tontritrattof.info redirect removal instructions
What is tontritrattof.info?
The tontritrattof.info website displays dubious content or opens other malicious websites. This rogue site is very similar to hajoopteg.com, lythenheckwo.info, time2notification.com, and many others. Most visitors are forced to open tontritrattof.info by potentially unwanted applications (PUAs) installed on their systems. PUAs usually have three main purposes: to cause redirects, collect data, and serve users with ads.
If installed, this unwanted application regularly opens tontritrattof.info in a new browser window or tab. The site then displays dubious content or opens about two or three other untrustworthy websites. The way it behaves depends on the visitor's location. Websites opened after visiting tontritrattof.info might contain malicious content or cause computer infections. Information tracking is also an issue with PUAs. They record IP addresses, entered search queries, URLs of visited websites, geolocations, and other information relating to users' browsing activity. Some of these apps also target personal/sensitive data. Developers share the data with other parties (cyber criminals) who misuse it to generate revenue. Furthermore, PUAs often serve users with annoying, intrusive advertisements such as coupons, banners, surveys, pop-up ads, and so on. Clicking them often results in being redirected to untrustworthy (potentially, malicious) websites. Some of these ads can run scripts that will download and install various unwanted apps. To avoid these problems and issues with online privacy/browsing safety, we recommend that you uninstall all unknown, unwanted applications immediately.
|Threat Type||Adware, Unwanted ads, Pop-up Virus.|
|Symptoms||Seeing advertisements not originating from the sites you are browsing. Intrusive pop-up ads. Decreased internet browsing speed.|
|Distribution methods||Deceptive pop-up ads, free software installers (bundling), fake Flash Player installers.|
|Damage||Decreased computer performance, browser tracking - privacy issues, possible additional malware infections.|
|Malware Removal (Windows)||
To eliminate possible malware infections, scan your computer with legitimate antivirus software. Our security researchers recommend using Malwarebytes.
There are many potentially unwanted apps on the internet, most of which are promoted as valuable, useful apps. In fact, few deliver any real value. In most cases, PUAs help developers to generate revenue by causing redirects, gathering information, and displaying ads, and providing nothing in return for regular users.
Tontritrattof.info website technical analysis:
- Serving IP address: 126.96.36.199
- Observed subdomains: c1q6.tontritrattof.info; en3p.tontritrattof.info; lpmv.tontritrattof.info; m1ka.tontritrattof.info; p5.tontritrattof.info; p6.tontritrattof.info; p7.tontritrattof.info; p8.tontritrattof.info; p8b7.tontritrattof.info; pixel.tontritrattof.info; rt4y.tontritrattof.info; wuyn.tontritrattof.info; wwmq.tontritrattof.info
- Full list of detections: VirusTotal
How did adware install on my computer?
Generally, people install PUAs unintentionally due to careless downloads and installations or clicked intrusive, deceptive advertisements. PUAs are often bundled with other software download/installation set-ups. Developers hide information about the inclusion of PUAs in "Custom", "Advanced" and other similar parts. When people download or install software without checking available settings, they commonly install these bundled, potentially unwanted apps as well. This can also happen when they click ads displayed on dubious web pages. Once clicked, some execute scripts that download and install unwanted apps.
How to avoid installation of potentially unwanted applications?
To avoid unwanted downloads and installations, download software from official (trustworthy) websites and using direct links. Other sources such as Peer-to-Peer networks (eMule, torrent clients etc), unofficial websites, third party downloaders and other such tools should not be used. Every download and installation should be performed properly. Check all download/installation settings ("Custom", "Advanced") and opt-out of additionally-included apps or other unwanted offers. Do not click advertisements shown on dubious websites - these might cause unwanted redirects or downloads/installations. If these redirects occur often, or intrusive ads appear on visited websites, check the list of installed browser apps. Remove any unwanted extensions, add-ons, or plug-ins immediately. Also remove all unwanted programs installed on the computer/operating system. If your computer is already infected with rogue applications, we recommend running a scan with Malwarebytes for Windows to automatically eliminate them.
The appearance of tontritrattof.info website (GIF):
IMPORTANT NOTE! This deceptive site asks to enable web browser notifications.
Therefore, before commencing, perform these steps:
Google Chrome (PC):
- Click the Menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the screen
- Select "Settings", scroll down to the bottom and click "Advanced"
- Scroll down to the "Privacy and security" section, select "Content settings" and then "Notifications"
- Click three dots on the right hand side of each suspicious URL and click "Block" or "Remove" (if you click "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
Google Chrome (Android):
- Click on the Menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the screen and click "Settings"
- Scroll down, click on "Site settings" and then "Notifications"
- In the opened window, locate all suspicious URLs and click on them one-by-one
- Select "Notifications" in the "Permissions" section and set the toggle button to "OFF"
- Click the Menu button (three bars) on the right upper corner of the screen
- Select "Options" and click on "Privacy & Security" in the toolbar on the left hand side of the screen
- Scroll down to the "Permissions" section and click the "Settings" button next to "Notifications"
- In the opened window, locate all suspicious URLs, click the drop-down menu and select "Block"
- Click the Gear button on the right upper corner of the IE window
- Select "Internet options"
- Select the "Privacy" tab and click "Settings" under "Pop-up Blocker" section
- Select suspicious URLs under and remove them one by one by clicking the "Remove" button
- Click the menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the Edge window
- Scroll down, find and click "Settings"
- Scroll down again and click "View advanced settings"
- Click "Manage" under "Website permissions"
- Click the switch under each suspicious website
- Click "Safari" button on the left upper corner of the screen and select "Preferences..."
- Select the "Websites" tab and then select "Notifications" section on the left pane
- Check for suspicious URLs and apply the "Deny" option for each
Instant automatic malware removal:
Manual threat removal might be a lengthy and complicated process that requires advanced computer skills. Malwarebytes is a professional automatic malware removal tool that is recommended to get rid of malware. Download it by clicking the button below:
- What is tontritrattof.info?
- STEP 1. Uninstall adware applications using Control Panel.
- STEP 2. Remove adware from Internet Explorer.
- STEP 3. Remove rogue plug-ins from Google Chrome.
- STEP 4. Remove adware-type extensions from Mozilla Firefox.
- STEP 5. Remove malicious extensions from Safari.
- STEP 6. Remove rogue plug-ins from Microsoft Edge.
Windows 7 users:
Click Start (Windows Logo at the bottom left corner of your desktop), choose Control Panel. Locate Programs and click Uninstall a program.
Windows XP users:
Click Start, choose Settings and click Control Panel. Locate and click Add or Remove Programs.
Windows 10 and Windows 8 users:
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen, in the Quick Access Menu select Control Panel. In the opened window choose Programs and Features.
Mac OSX users:
Click Finder, in the opened screen select Applications. Drag the app from the Applications folder to the Trash (located in your Dock), then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
In the uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted applications, select these entries and click "Uninstall" or "Remove".
After uninstalling the potentially unwanted application that causes tontritrattof.info redirects, scan your computer for any remaining unwanted components or possible malware infections. To scan your computer, use recommended malware removal software.
Remove adware from Internet browsers:
Video showing how to remove potentially unwanted browser add-ons:
Remove malicious add-ons from Internet Explorer:
Click the "gear" icon (at the top right corner of Internet Explorer), select "Manage Add-ons". Look for any recently-installed suspicious browser extensions, select these entries and click "Remove".
If you continue to have problems with removal of the tontritrattof.info pop-up, reset your Internet Explorer settings to default.
Windows XP users: Click Start, click Run, in the opened window type inetcpl.cpl In the opened window click the Advanced tab, then click Reset.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 users: Click the Windows logo, in the start search box type inetcpl.cpl and click enter. In the opened window click the Advanced tab, then click Reset.
Windows 8 users: Open Internet Explorer and click the gear icon. Select Internet Options.
In the opened window, select the Advanced tab.
Click the Reset button.
Confirm that you wish to reset Internet Explorer settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
Click the Chrome menu icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome), select "More tools" and click "Extensions". Locate all recently-installed suspicious browser add-ons and remove them.
If you continue to have problems with removal of the tontritrattof.info pop-up, reset your Google Chrome browser settings. Click the Chrome menu icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome) and select Settings. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen. Click the Advanced… link.
After scrolling to the bottom of the screen, click the Reset (Restore settings to their original defaults) button.
In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Google Chrome settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
Remove malicious plug-ins from Mozilla Firefox:
Click the Firefox menu (at the top right corner of the main window), select "Add-ons". Click "Extensions", in the opened window, remove all recently-installed suspicious browser plug-ins.
Computer users who have problems with tontritrattof.info pop-up removal can reset their Mozilla Firefox settings.
Open Mozilla Firefox, at the top right corner of the main window, click the Firefox menu, in the opened menu, click Help.
Select Troubleshooting Information.
In the opened window, click the Refresh Firefox button.
In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Mozilla Firefox settings to default by clicking the Refresh Firefox button.
Remove malicious extensions from Safari:
Make sure your Safari browser is active, click Safari menu, and select Preferences....
In the opened window click Extensions, locate any recently installed suspicious extension, select it and click Uninstall.
Make sure your Safari browser is active and click on Safari menu. From the drop down menu select Clear History and Website Data...
In the opened window select all history and click the Clear History button.
Remove malicious extensions from Microsoft Edge:
Click the Edge menu icon (at the upper-right corner of Microsoft Edge), select "Extensions". Locate all recently-installed suspicious browser add-ons and click "Remove" below their names.
If you continue to have problems with removal of the tontritrattof.info pop-up, reset your Microsoft Edge browser settings. Click the Edge menu icon (at the top right corner of Microsoft Edge) and select Settings.
In the opened settings menu select Reset settings.
Select Restore settings to their default values. In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Microsoft Edge settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
- If this did not help, follow these alternative instructions explaining how to reset the Microsoft Edge browser.
Commonly, adware or potentially unwanted applications infiltrate Internet browsers through free software downloads. Note that the safest source for downloading free software is via developers' websites only. To avoid installation of adware, be very attentive when downloading and installing free software. When installing previously-downloaded free programs, choose the custom or advanced installation options – this step will reveal any potentially unwanted applications listed for installation together with your chosen free program.
If you are experiencing problems while trying to remove tontritrattof.info pop-up from your computer, please ask for assistance in our malware support forum.
Post a comment:
If you have additional information on tontritrattof.info pop-up or it's removal please share your knowledge in the comments section below.