What is irkantyip[.]com?
Irkantyip[.]com is a rogue website sharing many similarities with hornypornvid.com, time4news.net, theactualstories.com, captchadecode.com, and countless others. This page operates by presenting visitors with dubious content and/or redirecting them to different sites (likely unreliable or malicious ones).
Users rarely intentionally enter such websites; most get redirected to them by rogue webpages, intrusive adverts, or installed PUAs (Potentially Unwanted Applications). This software has harmful abilities, including - causing redirects, running intrusive advertisement campaigns, and collecting browsing-related data.
Irkantyip[.]com in detail
How exactly irkantyip[.]com operates is determined by its visitors' geolocations. The site learns this information by checking their IP (Internet Protocol) addresses. Hence, whether visitors are presented with questionable material and/or get redirected elsewhere - depends on their geolocations.
Additionally, most rogue websites use deceptive content to trick users into allowing their browser notifications. This applies to irkantyip[.]com as well. Should its notifications be enabled, the page will start delivering intrusive advert campaigns.
The delivered advertisements are more than just a nuisance. They promote various sale-based, untrustworthy, deceptive/scam, compromised, and malicious webpages. Furthermore, some intrusive ads can stealthily download/install software (e.g., PUAs) - when they are clicked on.
How do potentially unwanted applications operate?
PUAs can have a variety of heinous functionalities, and they can be in different combinations. To elaborate, these applications can force-open websites and/or run intrusive advertisement campaigns. What is more, most PUAs can track data.
They record browsing activity (URLs visited, pages viewed, search queries typed, etc.) and gather sensitive information extracted from it (IP addresses/ geolocations, personally identifiable details, etc.). PUA developers monetize the collected data by sharing it with and/or selling it to third-parties (potentially, cyber criminals).
In summary, the presence of unwanted apps on devices can lead to system infections, severe privacy issues, financial losses, and even identity theft. To ensure device integrity and user privacy, all suspicious applications and browser extensions/plug-ins must be removed immediately upon detection.
|Threat Type||Push notifications ads, Unwanted ads, Pop-up ads|
|Serving IP Address||188.8.131.52|
|Symptoms||Seeing advertisements not originating from the sites you are browsing. Intrusive pop-up ads. Decreased Internet browsing speed.|
|Distribution Methods||Deceptive pop-up ads, potentially unwanted applications (adware)|
|Damage||Decreased computer performance, browser tracking - privacy issues, possible additional malware infections.|
|Malware Removal (Windows)||
To eliminate possible malware infections, scan your computer with legitimate antivirus software. Our security researchers recommend using Combo Cleaner.
Potentially unwanted applications in general
PUAs appear ordinary and harmless. They also offer various functionalities. However, despite how handy the features may sound - they are usually nonoperational. PUAs only aim to generate profit at user expense. Therefore, instead of delivering on any promises, PUAs can cause redirects, run intrusive ad campaigns, and collect private information.
How did adware install on my computer?
PUAs are spread via download/installation setups of other products. This false marketing tactic of packing regular software with unwanted or malicious additions - is termed "bundling". Rushed downloads/installations (e.g., skipped steps, used pre-set options, etc.) increase the risk of allowing bundled content into the device.
Intrusive advertisements are used to distribute PUAs as well. Once clicked on, the ads can execute scripts to make downloads/installations without user permission. Some PUAs may also have "official" promotional websites from which they can be downloaded and/or purchased.
How to avoid installation of potentially unwanted applications?
It is advised to research software before download/installation. Furthermore, all downloads must be performed from official and verified sources. Untrustworthy download channels, e.g., unofficial and free file-hosting sites, Peer-to-Peer sharing networks, and other third-party downloaders - commonly offer bundled content.
When downloading/installing, it is recommended to read terms, explore available options, use the "Custom/Advanced" settings to opt-out from supplementary apps, tools, features, and so on. Intrusive adverts appear legitimate; however, they redirect to dubious webpages (e.g., pornography, adult-dating, gambling, etc.).
In case of encounters with such ads and/or redirects, the system must be checked and all suspect applications and browser extensions/plug-ins detected - immediately removed from it. If your computer is already infected with rogue applications, we recommend running a scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus for Windows to automatically eliminate them.
Screenshots of ads delivered by the irkantyip[.]com website:
Appearance of the irkantyip[.]com website (GIF):
IMPORTANT NOTE! This deceptive site asks to enable web browser notifications.
Therefore, before commencing, perform these steps:
Google Chrome (PC):
- Click the Menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the screen and select "Settings"
- Scroll down to the "Privacy and security" section, select "Site settings" and then "Notifications"
- Click three dots on the right hand side of each suspicious URL and select "Block" or "Remove" (if you click "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
Google Chrome (Android):
- Click on the Menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the screen and tap "Settings"
- Scroll down, tap on "Site settings" and then "Notifications"
- In the opened window, locate all suspicious URLs and tap on them one-by-one
- Once the pop-up shows up, select either "Block" or "Remove" (if you tap "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
- Click the Menu button (three bars) on the right upper corner of the screen
- Select "Settings" and click on "Privacy & Security" in the toolbar on the left hand side of the screen
- Scroll down to the "Permissions" section and click the "Settings" button next to "Notifications"
- In the opened window, locate all suspicious URLs and block them using the drop-down menu or either remove them by clicking "Remove Website" at the bottom of the window (if you click "Remove Website" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
- Click the menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the Edge window and select "Settings"
- Click on "Cookies and site permissions" in the toolbar on the left hand side of the screen and select "Notifications"
- Click three dots on the right hand side of each suspicious URL under "Allow" section and click "Block" or "Remove" (if you click "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
- Click "Safari" button on the left upper corner of the screen and select "Preferences..."
- Select the "Websites" tab and then select "Notifications" section on the left pane
- Check for suspicious URLs and apply the "Deny" option using the drop-down menu or either remove them by clicking "Remove" at the bottom of the window (if you click "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
Instant automatic malware removal:
Manual threat removal might be a lengthy and complicated process that requires advanced computer skills. Combo Cleaner is a professional automatic malware removal tool that is recommended to get rid of malware. Download it by clicking the button below:
- What is irkantyip[.]com?
- STEP 1. Uninstall adware applications using Control Panel.
- STEP 2. Remove rogue plug-ins from Google Chrome.
- STEP 3. Remove adware-type extensions from Mozilla Firefox.
- STEP 4. Remove malicious extensions from Safari.
- STEP 5. Remove rogue plug-ins from Microsoft Edge.
Windows 10 users:
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen, in the Quick Access Menu select Control Panel. In the opened window choose Programs and Features.
Windows 7 users:
Click Start (Windows Logo at the bottom left corner of your desktop), choose Control Panel. Locate Programs and click Uninstall a program.
macOS (OSX) users:
Click Finder, in the opened screen select Applications. Drag the app from the Applications folder to the Trash (located in your Dock), then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
In the uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted applications, select these entries and click "Uninstall" or "Remove".
After uninstalling the potentially unwanted application that causes irkantyip[.]com redirects, scan your computer for any remaining unwanted components or possible malware infections. To scan your computer, use recommended malware removal software.
Remove adware from Internet browsers:
Video showing how to remove potentially unwanted browser add-ons:
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
Click the Chrome menu icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome), select "More tools" and click "Extensions". Locate all recently-installed suspicious browser add-ons and remove them.
If you continue to have problems with removal of the irkantyip.com pop-up, reset your Google Chrome browser settings. Click the Chrome menu icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome) and select Settings. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen. Click the Advanced… link.
After scrolling to the bottom of the screen, click the Reset (Restore settings to their original defaults) button.
In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Google Chrome settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
Remove malicious plug-ins from Mozilla Firefox:
Click the Firefox menu (at the top right corner of the main window), select "Add-ons". Click "Extensions", in the opened window, remove all recently-installed suspicious browser plug-ins.
Computer users who have problems with irkantyip.com pop-up removal can reset their Mozilla Firefox settings.
Open Mozilla Firefox, at the top right corner of the main window, click the Firefox menu, in the opened menu, click Help.
Select Troubleshooting Information.
In the opened window, click the Refresh Firefox button.
In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Mozilla Firefox settings to default by clicking the Refresh Firefox button.
Remove malicious extensions from Safari:
Make sure your Safari browser is active, click Safari menu, and select Preferences....
In the opened window click Extensions, locate any recently installed suspicious extension, select it and click Uninstall.
Make sure your Safari browser is active and click on Safari menu. From the drop down menu select Clear History and Website Data...
In the opened window select all history and click the Clear History button.
Remove malicious extensions from Microsoft Edge:
Click the Edge menu icon (at the upper-right corner of Microsoft Edge), select "Extensions". Locate all recently-installed suspicious browser add-ons and click "Remove" below their names.
If you continue to have problems with removal of the irkantyip.com pop-up, reset your Microsoft Edge browser settings. Click the Edge menu icon (at the top right corner of Microsoft Edge) and select Settings.
In the opened settings menu select Reset settings.
Select Restore settings to their default values. In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Microsoft Edge settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
- If this did not help, follow these alternative instructions explaining how to reset the Microsoft Edge browser.
Commonly, adware or potentially unwanted applications infiltrate Internet browsers through free software downloads. Note that the safest source for downloading free software is via developers' websites only. To avoid installation of adware, be very attentive when downloading and installing free software. When installing previously-downloaded free programs, choose the custom or advanced installation options – this step will reveal any potentially unwanted applications listed for installation together with your chosen free program.
If you are experiencing problems while trying to remove irkantyip.com pop-up from your computer, please ask for assistance in our malware support forum.
Post a comment:
If you have additional information on irkantyip.com pop-up or it's removal please share your knowledge in the comments section below.