What is totaltopfeed[.]com?
Totaltopfeed[.]com uses a clickbait technique to trick visitors into allowing it to show notifications and opens questionable websites. It is unlikely for totaltopfeed[.]com to be visited by users intentionally. Usually, websites of this type get opened through shady ads, other dubious pages, or installed potentially unwanted applications (PUAs).
Totaltopfeed[.]com in detail
Totaltopfeed[.]com displays a message encouraging users to click the "Allow" button to subscribe to notifications and continue loading it. If allowed, totaltopfeed[.]com shows notifications containing links to potentially malicious websites, dubious advertisements, and so on. Therefore, it is not recommended to allow totaltopfeed[.]com to show notifications.
At the time of the research, totaltopfeed[.]com opened the World of Tanks game website. It is likely that individuals behind totaltopfeed[.]com get paid a referral fee when users create accounts, purchase products, services on pages opened through it. It is important to mention that totaltopfeed[.]com can open untrustworthy websites.
It is common that pages like totaltopfeed[.]com promote download websites for browser hijackers, adware, and various scam websites designed to trick users into providing personal information (for example, names, surnames, credit card details, passwords), or other dubious pages.
More precisely, totaltopfeed[.]com could open pages similar to "IP Address & Personal Information Might Be Exposed", "CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ARE THE VISITOR NO. 1.000.000", "Your Chrome Is Severely Damaged By 13 Malware!", and other deceptive sites. Therefore, it is strongly recommended not to visit totaltopfeed[.]com.
More about potentially unwanted applications
Applications of this kind generate advertisements (for example, coupons, banners, surveys, etc.) designed to open untrustworthy websites. Sometimes, they display advertisements capable of executing scripts designed to cause unwanted downloads or even installations. Another issue with PUAs is that they gather various data.
They collect Internet Protocol addresses, visited websites, entered search queries, geolocations, and other information related to browsing activities. In some cases, PUAs gather personal details that could be misused to steal online accounts, commit identity fraud, make fraudulent purchases, and so on.
|Name||Ads by totaltopfeed.com|
|Threat Type||Push notifications ads, Unwanted ads, Pop-up ads|
|Detection Names||N/A (VirusTotal)|
|Symptoms||Seeing advertisements not originating from the sites you are browsing. Intrusive pop-up ads. Decreased Internet browsing speed.|
|Distribution Methods||Deceptive pop-up ads, potentially unwanted applications (adware)|
|Damage||Decreased computer performance, browser tracking - privacy issues, possible additional malware infections.|
|Malware Removal (Windows)||
To eliminate possible malware infections, scan your computer with legitimate antivirus software. Our security researchers recommend using Combo Cleaner.
Pages like totaltopfeed[.]com in general
In conclusion, totaltopfeed[.]com is an untrustworthy website designed to open other websites of this kind and to trick visitors into allowing it to show notifications. It is similar to uniqdatacaptcha[.]top, nakedstreaming[.]com, funsmartlook[.]com, and a great number of other websites. Typically, users open them unintentionally.
How did adware install on my computer?
Pretty often, users download and install potentially unwanted applications together with free programs that have those apps integrated in their downloaders and installers as extra offers. This distribution method is called bundling. Users agree to download or install PUAs when they leave "Manual", "Custom", "Advanced" or other settings unchanged.
In other cases, users download or install PUAs by clicking advertisements designed to run certain scripts or through fake installers. It is important to mention that fake installers can be designed to install malicious programs. Users download those installers from deceptive websites.
How to avoid installation of potentially unwanted applications?
It is recommended to download software from official and trustworthy sources and not from unofficial websites, Peer-to-Peer networks (torrent clients, eMule, and other networks), third-party downloaders, etc. Third-party installers should not be used to install any software as well.
Furthermore, it is advisable to check downloaders and installers for optional offers. Typically, those offers can be found (and deselected) in "Custom", "Advanced", "Manual", and other options. Bundled applications should be deselected before finishing downloads and installations.
Additionally, it is recommended not to trust ads displayed on shady websites. Those ads could open potentially malicious pages or cause unexpected downloads, installations. Unwanted or suspicious apps installed on a browser and programs of this kind installed on the operating system should be removed. If your computer is already infected with rogue applications, we recommend running a scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus for Windows to automatically eliminate them.
Appearance of totaltopfeed[.]com website (GIF):
IMPORTANT NOTE! This deceptive site asks to enable web browser notifications.
Therefore, before commencing, perform these steps:
Google Chrome (PC):
- Click the Menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the screen and select "Settings"
- Scroll down to the "Privacy and security" section, select "Site settings" and then "Notifications"
- Click three dots on the right hand side of each suspicious URL and select "Block" or "Remove" (if you click "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
Google Chrome (Android):
- Click on the Menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the screen and tap "Settings"
- Scroll down, tap on "Site settings" and then "Notifications"
- In the opened window, locate all suspicious URLs and tap on them one-by-one
- Once the pop-up shows up, select either "Block" or "Remove" (if you tap "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
- Click the Menu button (three bars) on the right upper corner of the screen
- Select "Settings" and click on "Privacy & Security" in the toolbar on the left hand side of the screen
- Scroll down to the "Permissions" section and click the "Settings" button next to "Notifications"
- In the opened window, locate all suspicious URLs and block them using the drop-down menu or either remove them by clicking "Remove Website" at the bottom of the window (if you click "Remove Website" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
- Click the menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the Edge window and select "Settings"
- Click on "Cookies and site permissions" in the toolbar on the left hand side of the screen and select "Notifications"
- Click three dots on the right hand side of each suspicious URL under "Allow" section and click "Block" or "Remove" (if you click "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
- Click "Safari" button on the left upper corner of the screen and select "Preferences..."
- Select the "Websites" tab and then select "Notifications" section on the left pane
- Check for suspicious URLs and apply the "Deny" option using the drop-down menu or either remove them by clicking "Remove" at the bottom of the window (if you click "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
Instant automatic malware removal:
Manual threat removal might be a lengthy and complicated process that requires advanced computer skills. Combo Cleaner is a professional automatic malware removal tool that is recommended to get rid of malware. Download it by clicking the button below:
- What is totaltopfeed[.]com?
- STEP 1. Uninstall adware applications using Control Panel.
- STEP 2. Remove rogue plug-ins from Google Chrome.
- STEP 3. Remove adware-type extensions from Mozilla Firefox.
- STEP 4. Remove malicious extensions from Safari.
- STEP 5. Remove rogue plug-ins from Microsoft Edge.
Windows 11 users:
Right-click on the Start icon, select Apps and Features. In the opened window search for the application you want to uninstall, after locating it, click on the three vertical dots and select Uninstall.
Windows 10 users:
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen, in the Quick Access Menu select Control Panel. In the opened window choose Programs and Features.
Windows 7 users:
Click Start (Windows Logo at the bottom left corner of your desktop), choose Control Panel. Locate Programs and click Uninstall a program.
macOS (OSX) users:
Click Finder, in the opened screen select Applications. Drag the app from the Applications folder to the Trash (located in your Dock), then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
In the uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted applications, select these entries and click "Uninstall" or "Remove".
After uninstalling the potentially unwanted application that causes totaltopfeed[.]com redirects, scan your computer for any remaining unwanted components or possible malware infections. To scan your computer, use recommended malware removal software.
Remove adware from Internet browsers:
Video showing how to eliminate ads delivered by totaltopfeed[.]com using Combo Cleaner:
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
Click the Chrome menu icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome), select "More tools" and click "Extensions". Locate all recently-installed suspicious browser add-ons and remove them.
If you continue to have problems with removal of the ads by totaltopfeed.com, reset your Google Chrome browser settings. Click the Chrome menu icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome) and select Settings. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen. Click the Advanced… link.
After scrolling to the bottom of the screen, click the Reset (Restore settings to their original defaults) button.
In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Google Chrome settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
Remove malicious plug-ins from Mozilla Firefox:
Click the Firefox menu (at the top right corner of the main window), select "Add-ons". Click "Extensions", in the opened window, remove all recently-installed suspicious browser plug-ins.
Computer users who have problems with ads by totaltopfeed.com removal can reset their Mozilla Firefox settings.
Open Mozilla Firefox, at the top right corner of the main window, click the Firefox menu, in the opened menu, click Help.
Select Troubleshooting Information.
In the opened window, click the Refresh Firefox button.
In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Mozilla Firefox settings to default by clicking the Refresh Firefox button.
Remove malicious extensions from Safari:
Make sure your Safari browser is active, click Safari menu, and select Preferences....
In the opened window click Extensions, locate any recently installed suspicious extension, select it and click Uninstall.
Make sure your Safari browser is active and click on Safari menu. From the drop down menu select Clear History and Website Data...
In the opened window select all history and click the Clear History button.
Remove malicious extensions from Microsoft Edge:
Click the Edge menu icon (at the upper-right corner of Microsoft Edge), select "Extensions". Locate all recently-installed suspicious browser add-ons and click "Remove" below their names.
If you continue to have problems with removal of the ads by totaltopfeed.com, reset your Microsoft Edge browser settings. Click the Edge menu icon (at the top right corner of Microsoft Edge) and select Settings.
In the opened settings menu select Reset settings.
Select Restore settings to their default values. In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Microsoft Edge settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
- If this did not help, follow these alternative instructions explaining how to reset the Microsoft Edge browser.
Commonly, adware or potentially unwanted applications infiltrate Internet browsers through free software downloads. Note that the safest source for downloading free software is via developers' websites only. To avoid installation of adware, be very attentive when downloading and installing free software. When installing previously-downloaded free programs, choose the custom or advanced installation options – this step will reveal any potentially unwanted applications listed for installation together with your chosen free program.
If you are experiencing problems while trying to remove ads by totaltopfeed.com from your computer, please ask for assistance in our malware support forum.
Post a comment:
If you have additional information on ads by totaltopfeed.com or it's removal please share your knowledge in the comments section below.