“Warning! Piracy detected!” pop-up removal
What is Warning! Piracy detected!?
This pop-up message displays misleading information in order to scare computer users into believing that an investigation has begun regarding their stored information. When this malware infects your computer, it displays a fake warning message reporting that pirated files have been detected on your computer and threatens that this is a serious violation and that an investigation is under way.
After a short period of time, you are redirected to a payment screen where you are asked to pay $400 in order to settle the dispute. It states that if you pay this sum, the investigation will not be continued. Cyber criminals target Internet users who from time-to-time use peer-to-peer networks and file sharing services. If by mistake you have already entered your credit card information on the payment screen of this scare-ware, you should contact your credit card company and explain the situation. Sometimes it is advisable to change your credit card number in order to secure your private banking information.
The following fake messages will be displayed:
"Warning! Piracy detected! Pirated content was detected on your PC! You are seriously violating copyright by:
- Media files downloaded from torrents
- Pirated movies from peer-to-peer networks
- Cracked software from file-sharing services
Copyright fund has received report and has started an investigation. You’ll receive subopena in a week."
Instant automatic removal of Piracy detected! Ransomware:
Manual threat removal might be a lengthy and complicated process that requires advanced computer skills. Spyhunter is a professional automatic malware removal tool that is recommended to get rid of Piracy detected! Ransomware. Download it by clicking the button below:
- What is Warning! Piracy detected!?
- STEP 1. Remove Warning! Piracy detected! using Safe Mode with Networking.
- STEP 2. Remove Warning! Piracy detected! manually by deleting files.
Removal of “Warning! Piracy detected!” pop-up
NOTE: If you cannot run or download removal tool, download the registry fix file. This enables execution of applications. Click on the link below, and when download completes, click Run, click Yes, and then OK.
“Warning! Piracy detected!” pop-up removal instructions:
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode. Click Start, click Shut Down, click Restart, click OK. During your computer starting process press the F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until you see the Windows Advanced Option menu, then select Safe Mode with Networking from the list.
Video showing how to start Windows in "Safe Mode with Networking":
2. Download the fix.reg file. After saving the file to your desktop, double click fix.reg and then click YES to confirm.
3. Open Internet Explorer, click Tools and select Internet Options. Select "Connections".
4.Click LAN settings, if 'Use a proxy server for your LAN' is checked, uncheck it and press OK.
5. Download legitimate anti-spyware software to fully remove this fake pop-up from your PC. Download a Recommended Spyware Remover to remove the “Warning! Piracy detected!” pop-up.
Other tools known to remove the “Warning! Piracy detected!” pop-up:
If you are unable to remove “Warning! Piracy detected!”, you can use these manual removal instructions. Use them at your own risk, since if you do not have strong computer knowledge, you could harm your operating system. Use them only if you are an experienced computer user. (Instructions on how to end processes, remove registry entries...)
End these “Warning! Piracy detected!” pop-up processes:
Delete these “Warning! Piracy detected!” pop-up files:
"C:\documents and settings\USERNAME\application data\IQManager\iqmanager.exe"