Antivirus Security Pro removal instructions
What is Antivirus Security Pro?
Antivirus Security Pro is a fake antivirus program originating from a family of rogues called WinWebSec. This program is created by cyber criminals whose purpose is to trick unsuspecting PC users into purchasing a so-called 'full version'. To achieve this deceptive goal, Antivirus Security Pro imitates a legitimate antivirus program by mimicking the scanning of a computer for security infections. Note that this program has no virus definition database or a virus scan engine - it merely generates fake security threat detections and fake security warning pop-ups in order to scare computer users into believing that their operating systems are infected with high-risk malware and viruses. After successful infiltration, this bogus software overrides the operating system's registry and configures itself to start automatically on each system start-up. Furthermore, it blocks execution of installed programs and the Task Manager. In fact, none of security threats reported by this fake antivirus program actually exist on the computer - it is a scam.
Note that paying for Antivirus Security Pro is equivalent to sending your money to cyber criminals - you will lose your money and divulge your banking information, potentially leading to further thefts from your account. Do not trust this program or buy the 'full version'. The correct way to deal with Antivirus Security Pro is to eliminate it from your computer.
Antivirus Security Pro is distributed using 'exploit kits', which infiltrate users' operating systems via security vulnerabilities detected within outdated software. Common sources of exploit kits include infected email messages, drive-by downloads, and malicious websites. To protect your computer from such rogue programs, keep all installed software up-to-date and use legitimate antivirus and anti-spyware programs. Previous fake antivirus programs originating from this family of rogues (WinWebSec) are named Attentive Antivirus and System Care Antivirus. If your computer is already infected with Antivirus Security Pro, use this removal guide to eliminate this scam from your PC.
Fake security warning pop-up messages generated by Antivirus Security Pro:
"Windows Security Center: Warning! Suspicious activity detected. Virus activity detected. Attempt to change configuration files detected. Rootkit embedding attempt detected. Suitable solution found - Antivirus Security Pro".
"Unless Antivirus Security Pro is activated, some of the current critical threats will not be eliminated and your computer will remain unprotected. Are you sure you would like to precede unprotected?"
"Warning! Infected file detected. Suspicious activity detected in application setup.exe similar to behavior of the virus Win32/Conficker.X For your security and to avoid loss of data, the operation of application setup.exe has been temporary restricted. To reset the application's full operation, you must use the full edition of Antivirus Security Pro. Recommended: You are using a limited version of Antivirus Security Pro. Please activate Antivirus Security Pro to resist all virus threats efficiently".
"Antivirus Security Pro - Threats found when scanning, to keep your computer safe, repair is required".
"Warning! the site you are attempting to view may harm your computer! You current security settings put your computer at risk! Activate Antivirus Security Pro and enable safe web surfing (recommended). Ignore warnings and visit that site is the current state (not recommended)".
"Antivirus Security Pro" - Warning! Suspicious activity detected. To keep your computer safe, the threat must be blocked".
Instant automatic malware removal:
Manual threat removal might be a lengthy and complicated process that requires advanced computer skills. Combo Cleaner is a professional automatic malware removal tool that is recommended to get rid of malware. Download it by clicking the button below:
- What is Antivirus Security Pro?
- STEP 1. Remove Antivirus Security Pro using a software.
- STEP 2. Remove Antivirus Security Pro using Safe Mode with Networking.
- STEP 3. Remove Antivirus Security Pro using a registration key.
Antivirus Security Pro removal:
Antivirus Security Pro generates fake security warning messages when users attempt to access the Internet using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla FireFox. To remove this rogue antivirus program from your computer, download recommended malware removal software. If your Internet browsers are blocked by the "Warning! The site you are trying to visit may harm your computer! Your security setting level puts your computer at risk!" message, click "Ignore warnings and visit that site in the current state (not recommended)" and continue with the download process.
If you cannot run the remover, try downloading an alternate installer (It is renamed to iexplore.exe, since most fake antivirus programs do not block execution of files with this name).
Optional method to download the recommended anti-spyware program:
If you cannot access your Internet browsers: Click Start then click Run. (Click Windows logo in Windows 7 and Windows Vista)
In Windows XP, When the Run dialogue appears enter this text: www.pcrisk.com/download-spyware-remover and then press ENTER. In Windows, 7 and Windows Vista, type this line directly into the search field, and then press ENTER.
After pressing enter, the File download dialogue of recommended malware removal software appears. Click Run and follow the on-screen instructions.
If you are still unable to download the recommended malware removal software - before downloading, enter a retrieved activation key in the activation window of Antivirus Security Pro. Click the "Buy full edition" button at the bottom of the main window of this fake antivirus software and enter one of these keys:
or (older version)
Note that entering this activation key will not remove Antivirus Security Pro - it will simply make the removal process less complicated. This fake antivirus software will stop generating fake security warning messages and allow execution of legitimate antivirus and anti-spyware programs.
Antivirus Security Pro removal using Safe Mode with Networking:
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode. Click Start, click Shut Down, click Restart, click OK. During your computer starting process press the F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until you see the Windows Advanced Option menu, then select Safe Mode with Networking from the list.
Video showing how to start Windows 7 in "Safe Mode with Networking":
Windows 8 users: Go to the Windows 8 Start Screen, type Advanced, in the search results select Settings. Click on Advanced Startup options, in the opened "General PC Settings" window select Advanced Startup. Click on the "Restart now" button. Your computer will now restart into "Advanced Startup options menu". Click on the "Troubleshoot" button, then click on "Advanced options" button. In the advanced option screen click on "Startup settings". Click on the "Restart" button. Your PC will restart into the Startup Settings screen. Press "5" to boot in Safe Mode with Networking.
Video showing how to start Windows 8 in "Safe Mode with Networking":
2. Antivirus Security Pro modifies the system Hosts file. The Hosts file is used to resolve canonical names of websites to IP addresses. When it is changed, the user may be redirected to malicious sites, despite seeing legitimate URLs in address bar. It is difficult to determine sites are genuine when the Hosts file is modified. To fix this, please download the Microsoft Fix It tool, that restores your Hosts file to the Windows default. Run this tool when downloaded and follow the on-screen instructions. Download link below:
3. Download and install recommended malware removal software to completely remove this fake antivirus program from your PC.
NOTE: Rogue antivirus programs can block the download of anti-spyware software. If you cannot download it using the default location, try one of the alternative download locations below:
- Location 1 (the file is renamed to "iexplore.exe", since most spyware do not block this file)
- Location 2
Antivirus Security Pro removal using a retrieved activation key:
Video showing how to remove Antivirus Security Pro:
1. Wait until Antivirus Security Pro rogue antivirus completes the fake security scan and click the "Remove Threats" button. You can also click on the "Buy full edition" button on the bottom right corner of the main window of this rogue program. In the opened window, click on the "I, already have activation key" button.
2. In the opened window, enter this retrieved registry key: AF03E-A1B69411-5E496BEE-92A70D00-1AD697F6 or AA39754E-715219CE This will trick Antivirus Security Pro into behaving as though you have paid for the full version. This step makes the removal process of this rogue antivirus program less complicated, since after entering this registry key, Antivirus Security Pro allows execution of installed software (including Internet browsers) and you are able to download anti-spyware software without various interruptions.
3. After entering this license key, Antivirus Security Pro generates some messages congratulating you for registration and imitates the removal process of earlier 'detected' malware and virus infections.
4. Note that entering this retrieved activation key does not remove Antivirus Security Pro from your computer - it simply makes the removal process less complicated. To completely remove this rogue antivirus from your computer, download and install recommended malware removal software.
Other tools, known to remove Antivirus Security Pro:
The fake antivirus programs (also known as "rogue antivirus programs" or "scareware") are applications that tries to lure computer users into paying for their non-existent full versions to remove the supposedly detected security infections (although the computer is actually clean). These bogus programs are created by cyber criminals who design them to look as legitimate antivirus software. Most commonly rogue antivirus programs infiltrate user's computer using poop-up windows or alerts which appear when users surf the Internet. These deceptive messages trick users into downloading a rogue antivirus program on their computers. Other known tactics used to spread scareware include exploit kits, infected email messages, online ad networks, drive-by downloads, or even direct calls to user's offering free support.
A computer that is infected with a fake antivirus program might also have other malware installed on it as rogue antivirus programs often are bundled with Trojans and exploit kits. Noteworthy that additional malware that infiltrates user's operating system remains on victim's computer regardless of whether a payment for a non-existent full version of a fake antivirus program is made. Here are some examples of fake security warning messages that are used in fake antivirus distribution:
Computer users who are dealing with a rogue security software shouldn't buy it's full version. By paying for a license key of a fake antivirus program users would send their money and banking information to cyber criminals. Users who have already entered their credit card number (or other sensitive information) when asked by such bogus software should inform their credit card company that they have been tricked into buying a rogue security software. Screenshot of a web page used to lure computer users into paying for a non-existent full version of antivirus security pro rogue and other rogue antivirus programs:
To protect your computer from antivirus security pro rogue and other rogue antivirus programs users should:
- Keep their operating system and all of the installed programs up-to-date.
- Use legitimate antivirus and anti-spyware programs.
- Use caution when clicking on links in social networking websites and email messages.
- Don't trust online pop-up messages which state that your computer is infected and offers you to download security software.
Symptoms indicating that your operating system is infected with a fake antivirus program:
- Intrusive security warning pop-up messages.
- Alerts asking to upgrade to a paid version of a program to remove the supposedly detected malware.
- Slow computer performance.
- Disabled Windows updates.
- Blocked Task Manager.
- Blocked Internet browsers or inability to visit legitimate antivirus vendor websites.
If you are experiencing problems while trying to remove antivirus security pro rogue from your computer, please ask for assistance in our malware removal forum.
If you have additional information on antivirus security pro rogue or it's removal please share your knowledge in the comments section below.