What kind of page is fastfrom[.]com?
Fastfrom[.]com is a page allowing users to download videos from YouTube. This site uses rogue advertising networks (redirects users to untrustworthy pages) and asks for permission to deliver notifications. Moreover, fastfrom[.]com offers an illegal service breaking copyright laws.
Fastfrom[.]com website in detail
Fastfrom[.]com can redirect users to websites that ask for personal information, promote questionable software (for example, advertising-supported, browser-hijacking applications), various scams. It is known that it can open byluxrayor[.]com - an untrustworthy page using clickbait technique to get permission to show notifications.
Fastfrom[.]com asks for permission to deliver notifications too. If allowed, it displays notifications used to promote scams similar to "Norton Antivirus 2021 Update", "Your ANTIVIRUS Subscription Has Expired". Thus, this page should not be trusted.
|Name||Ads by fastfrom.com ads|
|Threat Type||Push notifications ads, Unwanted ads, Pop-up ads|
|Detection Names||N/A (VirusTotal)|
|Symptoms||Seeing advertisements not originating from the sites you are browsing. Intrusive pop-up ads. Decreased Internet browsing speed.|
|Distribution Methods||Deceptive pop-up ads, potentially unwanted applications (adware)|
|Damage||Decreased computer performance, browser tracking - privacy issues, possible additional malware infections.|
|Malware Removal (Windows)||
To eliminate possible malware infections, scan your computer with legitimate antivirus software. Our security researchers recommend using Combo Cleaner.
Web page of this type in general
Pages using rogue advertising networks redirect users to shady websites and (or) display dubious advertisements. These pages can be used to promote potentially unwanted applications (PUAs). Users often install such apps unknowingly. More examples of pages similar to fastfrom[.]com are youtube-to-mp3[.]org, 2conv[.]com, notube[.]net.
How did adware install on my computer?
Most potentially unwanted applications are distributed together with other programs, via deceptive ads, or fake installers. Users download or install PUAs alongside other programs when they do not change "Custom", "Advanced", "Manual", or other options available in their downloaders and installers.
They cause it via dubious advertisements by clicking on them. Although, only when those ads are designed to execute specific scripts. Fake installers usually get downloaded from shady, deceptive websites. They install unwanted, potentially malicious software.
How to avoid installation of potentially unwanted applications?
Do not use third-party downloaders, installers, Peer-to-Peer networks, unofficial websites, or other tools/sources to download or install any files or programs. Use official pages and direct links for that. Always check downloaders and installers that have "Advanced", "Custom" or similar settings for unwanted apps.
Also, avoid clicking on advertisements that appear on questionable websites. If your computer is already infected with rogue applications, we recommend running a scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus for Windows to automatically eliminate them.
Appearance of fastfrom[.]com website (GIF):
Notifications displayed by fastfrom[.]com:
IMPORTANT NOTE! This deceptive site asks to enable web browser notifications.
Therefore, before commencing, perform these steps:
Google Chrome (PC):
- Click the Menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the screen and select "Settings"
- Scroll down to the "Privacy and security" section, select "Site settings" and then "Notifications"
- Click three dots on the right hand side of each suspicious URL and select "Block" or "Remove" (if you click "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
Google Chrome (Android):
- Click on the Menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the screen and tap "Settings"
- Scroll down, tap on "Site settings" and then "Notifications"
- In the opened window, locate all suspicious URLs and tap on them one-by-one
- Once the pop-up shows up, select either "Block" or "Remove" (if you tap "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
- Click the Menu button (three bars) on the right upper corner of the screen
- Select "Settings" and click on "Privacy & Security" in the toolbar on the left hand side of the screen
- Scroll down to the "Permissions" section and click the "Settings" button next to "Notifications"
- In the opened window, locate all suspicious URLs and block them using the drop-down menu or either remove them by clicking "Remove Website" at the bottom of the window (if you click "Remove Website" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
- Click the menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the Edge window and select "Settings"
- Click on "Cookies and site permissions" in the toolbar on the left hand side of the screen and select "Notifications"
- Click three dots on the right hand side of each suspicious URL under "Allow" section and click "Block" or "Remove" (if you click "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
- Click "Safari" button on the left upper corner of the screen and select "Preferences..."
- Select the "Websites" tab and then select "Notifications" section on the left pane
- Check for suspicious URLs and apply the "Deny" option using the drop-down menu or either remove them by clicking "Remove" at the bottom of the window (if you click "Remove" and visit the malicious site once more, it will ask to enable notifications again)
Instant automatic malware removal:
Manual threat removal might be a lengthy and complicated process that requires advanced computer skills. Combo Cleaner is a professional automatic malware removal tool that is recommended to get rid of malware. Download it by clicking the button below:
- What is fastfrom[.]com?
- STEP 1. Uninstall adware applications using Control Panel.
- STEP 2. Remove rogue plug-ins from Google Chrome.
- STEP 3. Remove adware-type extensions from Mozilla Firefox.
- STEP 4. Remove malicious extensions from Safari.
- STEP 5. Remove rogue plug-ins from Microsoft Edge.
Windows 11 users:
Right-click on the Start icon, select Apps and Features. In the opened window search for the application you want to uninstall, after locating it, click on the three vertical dots and select Uninstall.
Windows 10 users:
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen, in the Quick Access Menu select Control Panel. In the opened window choose Programs and Features.
Windows 7 users:
Click Start (Windows Logo at the bottom left corner of your desktop), choose Control Panel. Locate Programs and click Uninstall a program.
macOS (OSX) users:
Click Finder, in the opened screen select Applications. Drag the app from the Applications folder to the Trash (located in your Dock), then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
In the uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted applications, select these entries and click "Uninstall" or "Remove".
After uninstalling the potentially unwanted application that causes fastfrom[.]com redirects, scan your computer for any remaining unwanted components or possible malware infections. To scan your computer, use recommended malware removal software.
Remove adware from Internet browsers:
Video showing how to remove potentially unwanted browser add-ons:
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
Click the Chrome menu icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome), select "More tools" and click "Extensions". Locate all recently-installed suspicious browser add-ons and remove them.
If you continue to have problems with removal of the ads by fastfrom.com ads, reset your Google Chrome browser settings. Click the Chrome menu icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome) and select Settings. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen. Click the Advanced… link.
After scrolling to the bottom of the screen, click the Reset (Restore settings to their original defaults) button.
In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Google Chrome settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
Remove malicious plug-ins from Mozilla Firefox:
Click the Firefox menu (at the top right corner of the main window), select "Add-ons". Click "Extensions", in the opened window, remove all recently-installed suspicious browser plug-ins.
Computer users who have problems with ads by fastfrom.com ads removal can reset their Mozilla Firefox settings.
Open Mozilla Firefox, at the top right corner of the main window, click the Firefox menu, in the opened menu, click Help.
Select Troubleshooting Information.
In the opened window, click the Refresh Firefox button.
In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Mozilla Firefox settings to default by clicking the Refresh Firefox button.
Remove malicious extensions from Safari:
Make sure your Safari browser is active, click Safari menu, and select Preferences....
In the opened window click Extensions, locate any recently installed suspicious extension, select it and click Uninstall.
Make sure your Safari browser is active and click on Safari menu. From the drop down menu select Clear History and Website Data...
In the opened window select all history and click the Clear History button.
Remove malicious extensions from Microsoft Edge:
Click the Edge menu icon (at the upper-right corner of Microsoft Edge), select "Extensions". Locate all recently-installed suspicious browser add-ons and click "Remove" below their names.
If you continue to have problems with removal of the ads by fastfrom.com ads, reset your Microsoft Edge browser settings. Click the Edge menu icon (at the top right corner of Microsoft Edge) and select Settings.
In the opened settings menu select Reset settings.
Select Restore settings to their default values. In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Microsoft Edge settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
- If this did not help, follow these alternative instructions explaining how to reset the Microsoft Edge browser.
Commonly, adware or potentially unwanted applications infiltrate Internet browsers through free software downloads. Note that the safest source for downloading free software is via developers' websites only. To avoid installation of adware, be very attentive when downloading and installing free software. When installing previously-downloaded free programs, choose the custom or advanced installation options – this step will reveal any potentially unwanted applications listed for installation together with your chosen free program.
Post a comment:
If you have additional information on ads by fastfrom.com ads or it's removal please share your knowledge in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is fastfrom[.]com a virus?
Fastfrom[.]com and other pages offering to download videos from YouTube (and similar pages) are not considered to be viruses. However, most of them are use rogue advertising networks to promote scams, other dubious pages, potentially malicious applications, etc.
Is it dangerous to click on advertisements displayed by/on pages like fastfrom[.]com?
Advertisements appearing on pages like fastfrom[.]com can open websites used to distribute malware. Moreover, untrustworthy ads might be designed to run certain scripts to download or even install unwanted software.
Will Combo Cleaner remove unwanted applications?
Yes, Combo Cleaner will scan your computer and eliminate unwanted applications. It is recommended to remove unwanted apps using specialized software because manual removal does not always work (some of the files remain in the system even when the application itself is no longer present).