BundesKriminalamt virus "Ihrem persönlichen Computer wurde gesperrt" removal guide
What is BundesKriminalamt?
The following message is a scam and should not be trusted: BundesKriminalamt (Gesellschaft zur Verfolgung von Urheberrechtsverletzungen (GVU), Bundesamt für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik), "Zugang von Ihrem persönlichen Computer wurde vorläufig aus den unten aufgleisten Gründen gesperrt". This computer screen-blocking message is not sent by legitimate authorities from Germany, it is a ransomware virus created by cyber criminals. The scam make false accusations of law violations (such as watching child pornography, distributing copyrighted content, etc.) in order to scare unsuspecting PC users into paying a bogus 100 Euro fine using PaySafeCard. Note that paying this fine is equivalent to sending your money to cyber criminals.
This particular ransomware virus originates from a family called Urausy and targets PC users from Germany. Cyber criminals responsible for creating this scam, exploit the names of various authorities from Germany to make their deceptive message appear authentic. PC users from Germany should be aware that no authorities, internationally (including BundesKriminalamt or GVU), use screen-blocking messages to collect fines for any law infringements. This message is a typical ransomware virus. Do not trust it or pay the fine - you will lose your money and there are no guarantees that your PC will be unblocked as a result. The correct way to deal with this fake BundesKriminalamt message is to eliminate it from your computer.
A variant of this ransomware virus:
This ransomware virus is distributed using various 'exploit kits', which infiltrate users' computers via any software security vulnerabilities detected on the system. To protect your computer, keep your installed programs up-to-date and use legitimate antivirus and anti-spyware programs. Note that ransomware viruses from the Urausy family are localised so that PC users from different countries observe fake messages adapted specifically to their country. For example, PC users from the USA see this message translated into English and the header modified to appear as if sent by Mandiant U.S.A Cyber Security. If your computer screen is blocked with a message from BundesKriminalamt, do not pay the fine. Use this removal guide to eliminate this scam from your computer.
- What is BundesKriminalamt?
- STEP 1. "BundesKriminalamt" virus removal using safe mode with networking.
- STEP 2. "BundesKriminalamt" ransomware removal using System Restore.
BundesKriminalamt virus "Ihrem persönlichen Computer wurde gesperrt" removal:
Windows XP and Windows 7 users: Start your computer in Safe Mode. Click Start, click Shut Down, click Restart, click OK. During your computer starting process press the F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until you see the Windows Advanced Option menu, then select Safe Mode with Networking from the list.
Video showing how to start Windows 7 in "Safe Mode with Networking":
Windows 8 users: Go to the Windows 8 Start Screen, type Advanced, in the search results select Settings. Click on Advanced Startup options, in the opened "General PC Settings" window select Advanced Startup. Click on the "Restart now" button. Your computer will now restart into "Advanced Startup options menu". Click on the "Troubleshoot" button, then click on "Advanced options" button. In the advanced option screen click on "Startup settings". Click on the "Restart" button. Your PC will restart into the Startup Settings screen. Press "5" to boot in Safe Mode with Networking Prompt.
Video showing how to start Windows 8 in "Safe Mode with Networking":
Log in to the account infected with the BundesKriminalamt "Ihrem persönlichen Computer wurde gesperrt" virus. Start your Internet browser and download a legitimate anti-spyware program. Update the anti-spyware software and start a full system scan. Remove all entries detected.
Download remover for Bundesamt für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik Ransomware
1) Download and install 2) Run system scan 3) Enjoy your clean computer!
If you cannot start your computer in Safe Mode with Networking, try performing a System Restore.
Video showing how to remove ransomware virus using "Safe Mode with Command Prompt" and "System Restore":
1. During your computer starting process, press the F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then select Safe Mode with Command Prompt from the list and press ENTER.
2. When Command Prompt Mode loads, enter the following line: cd restore and press ENTER.
3. Next, type this line: rstrui.exe and press ENTER.
4. In the opened window click "Next".
5. Select one of the available Restore Points and click "Next" (this will restore your computer system to an earlier time and date, prior to the BundesKriminalamt "Ihrem persönlichen Computer wurde gesperrt" ransomware infiltrating your PC).
6. In the opened window click "Yes".
7. After restoring your computer to a previous date, download and scan your PC with recommended malware removal software to eliminate any remnants of the BundesKriminalamt "Ihrem persönlichen Computer wurde gesperrt" Virus.
Other tools known to remove the BundesKriminalamt "Ihrem persönlichen Computer wurde gesperrt" virus: