What is Jordan Public Security Directorate?
The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan Public Security Directorate message blocks computer users' screens, demanding payment of a $300 (300 Euro or 300 JOD) fine using cashU. This is a scam, a message created by cyber criminals and categorized as a ransomware virus.
It aims to trick unsuspecting Jordanian PC users into paying a bogus fine for alleged law violations such as watching pornography, using copyrighted video, music files, etc.
This message is a scam and should not be trusted. Computer users should be aware that neither the Jordan Public Security Directorate nor any other international authority or organization use computer screen-blocking messages to collect fines for any law violations.
This particular ransomware virus originates from a family called Urausy and predominantly targets Jordanian PC users. Note that ransomware viruses such as these are localized, thus computer users from different countries see this messages displayed in their local language and appearing as if sent by local authorities or organizations.
For example, computer users from the USA receive this message as if it sent by the FBI Cybercrime Division or the The United States Department of Justice. If you see a message from the Jordan Public Security Directorate, encouraging you to pay a fine using cashU, your computer is infected with a ransomware virus - do not trust this message and do not pay the fine.
The Jordan Public Security Directorate ransomware virus is distributed using exploit kits, which infiltrate users' operating systems through any security vulnerabilities detected. Note that keeping your operating system up-to-date drastically reduces the risks of your system being infected with ransomware or other malware.
In addition, always use legitimate antivirus and anti-spyware programs. Common sources of such ransomware viruses are malicious websites, infected email messages, and drive-by downloads. To remove the Jordan Public Security Directorate scam use the removal guide provided.
Instant automatic malware removal:
Manual threat removal might be a lengthy and complicated process that requires advanced computer skills. Combo Cleaner is a professional automatic malware removal tool that is recommended to get rid of malware. Download it by clicking the button below:
- What is Jordan Public Security Directorate?
- STEP 1. "Jordan Public Security Directorate" virus removal using safe mode with networking.
- STEP 2. "Jordan Public Security Directorate" ransomware removal using System Restore.
Jordan Public Security Directorate virus removal:
Start your computer in Safe Mode. Click Start, click Shut Down, click Restart, click OK. During your computer starting process press the F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until you see the Windows Advanced Option menu, then select Safe Mode with Networking from the list.
Video showing how to start Windows 7 in "Safe Mode with Networking":
Log in to the account infected with the Jordan Public Security Directorate virus. Start your Internet browser and download a legitimate anti-spyware program. Update the anti-spyware software and start a full system scan. Remove all entries detected.
If you cannot start your computer in Safe Mode with Networking, try performing a System Restore.
Video showing how to remove ransomware virus using "Safe Mode with Command Prompt" and "System Restore":
1. During your computer starting process, press the F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then select Safe Mode with Command Prompt from the list and press ENTER.
2. When Command Prompt Mode loads, enter the following line: cd restore and press ENTER.
3. Next, type this line: rstrui.exe and press ENTER.
4. In the opened window click "Next".
5. Select one of the available Restore Points and click "Next" (this will restore your computer system to an earlier time and date, prior to the ransomware infiltrating your PC).
6. In the opened window click "Yes".
7. After restoring your computer to a previous date, download and scan your PC with recommended malware removal software to eliminate any remnants of the Jordan Public Security Directorate virus.
If you cannot start your computer in Safe Mode with Networking (or with Command Prompt), boot your computer using a rescue disk. Some variants of ransomware disable Safe Mode making its removal complicated. For this step, you require access to another computer.
After removing the Jordan Public Security Directorate virus from your PC, restart your computer and scan it with legitimate anti-spyware software to remove any possible remnants of this security infection.
Other tools known to remove the Jordan Public Security Directorate virus: