What is State of Qatar Ministry of Interior Virus?
The State of Qatar Ministry of Interior message blocks computer users' screens and demands payment of a $300 (300 Euro or 1500 QAR) fine using the cashU payment service provider. This is a scam.
The message is not sent by legitimate authorities from Qatar, it is a virus created by cyber criminals in the hope that unsuspecting PC users will fall for their deceptive message and pay the bogus fine.
Screen-locking messages such as these are called ransomware viruses, and cyber criminals responsible for creating these security infections make deceptive statements within the messages (such as claiming that PC users must pay a fine for alleged law violations such as using pirated video, music, software, or watching pornography).
In fact, no authorities or organizations use desktop screen-blocking messages to collect fines for any law violations. Paying this fine, as demanded by the State of Qatar Ministry of Interior ransomware virus, is equivalent to sending your money to cyber criminals.
The State of Qatar Ministry of Interior virus originates from a family of ransomware called Urausy. The deceptive messages delivered by this scam are localized so that PC users from different countries observe them as if sent by local authorities.
For example, computer users from Australia see this message as if sent by the Australian Federal Police, and users from the USA, as if sent by the FBI Cybercrime Division. Computer users should be aware that these messages are a scam and if you see them on your computer, your PC is infected with a ransomware virus. Ensure that you do not pay this fine.
The State of Qatar Ministry of Interior ransomware virus is proliferated using exploit kits. These infiltrate systems using any detected security vulnerabilities and then execute malicious code in order to block computer users' screens. The screen-blockers demand payment of a ransom in order to unblock the system.
Note that there is a slight delay between actual infection and the point at which the computer screen is locked (approximately 15 minutes). If you observe this message on your computer, do not trust it. Use the removal guide provided to eliminate this scam.
Instant automatic malware removal:
Manual threat removal might be a lengthy and complicated process that requires advanced computer skills. Combo Cleaner is a professional automatic malware removal tool that is recommended to get rid of malware. Download it by clicking the button below:
- What is State of Qatar Ministry of Interior Virus?
- STEP 1. "State of Qatar Ministry of Interior" virus removal using safe mode with networking.
- STEP 2. "State of Qatar Ministry of Interior" ransomware removal using System Restore.
State of Qatar Ministry of Interior virus removal:
Start your computer in Safe Mode. Click Start, click Shut Down, click Restart, click OK. During your computer starting process press the F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until you see the Windows Advanced Option menu, then select Safe Mode with Networking from the list.
Video showing how to start Windows 7 in "Safe Mode with Networking":
Log in to the account infected with the State of Qatar Ministry of Interior cashU virus. Start your Internet browser and download a legitimate anti-spyware program. Update the anti-spyware software and start a full system scan. Remove all entries detected.
If you cannot start your computer in Safe Mode with Networking, try performing a System Restore.
Video showing how to remove ransomware virus using "Safe Mode with Command Prompt" and "System Restore":
1. During your computer starting process, press the F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then select Safe Mode with Command Prompt from the list and press ENTER.
2. When Command Prompt Mode loads, enter the following line: cd restore and press ENTER.
3. Next, type this line: rstrui.exe and press ENTER.
4. In the opened window click "Next".
5. Select one of the available Restore Point and click "Next" (this will restore your computer system to an earlier time and date, prior to the ransomware infiltrating your PC).
6. In the opened window click "Yes".
7. After restoring your computer to a previous date, download and scan your PC with recommended malware removal software to eliminate any remnants of the State of Qatar Ministry of Interior cashU virus.
If you cannot start your Computer in Safe Mode with Networking (or with Command Prompt), boot your computer using a rescue disk. Some variants of ransomware disable Safe Mode making its removal complicated. For this step, you require access to another computer.
After removing the State of Qatar Ministry of Interior cashU virus from your P restart your computer and scan it with a legitimate anti-spyware software to remove any possibly remnants of this security infection.
Other tools known to remove the State of Qatar Ministry of Interior virus: